Disable "Power Options" while locked

emerex

Reaction score
Anyone had an issue with their phone entering Airplane mode, turning off, or going silent while locked and in their pocket?

I have noticed that while my phone is locked and the screen is off that you have the ability to hold the power button. After a few seconds a power options screen appears which allows you to do the functions above.

Is there a method to disable this behavior?

Let me know. Thanks!

everstar80

Reaction score
I believe holding the button while its locked is a normal function. Maybe the button is hit while in your pocket when you sit down or try to pick something up. It could be the type of pants you're wearing, because if they're fitted then its more likely that you're inadvertently hitting that button when you move around.

munirg2003

Reaction score
Disabled power off menu on Atrix while asleep

Sorry pool_shark its not a joke. I was shocked when my baby accidentally pushed power button while mobile asleep and switched my mobile off.

So guys i have successfully disabled power off menu of Motorola Atrix 4G (MB860-Froyo)while asleep (screen off and locked) now power button only wakes mobile and does not show power menu.

Use any file explorer with text file editor and go to /system/usr/keylayout/ -- where following files modified shown below. The flag of all POWER enteries changed from WAKE TO WAKE_DROPPED and restart mobile --- hurrrrrrah done: -

cpcap-key.kl
key 107 POWER WAKE_DROPPED

evfwd.kl
key 116 POWER WAKE_DROPPED

qwerty.kl

usb_keyboard_102_en.us.kl

As a newbie i was really scared to do and apply this but thank to this forum who gave me courage to do something beneficial for all fellows.

ENJOY-dancedroid

zenkun

Reaction score
new app to lock lockscreen menu

Hi all i made an app to avoid this, blocking power menu on lockscreen no need of root working on 2.2+ and you can set up a custom menu (power and reboot need root) so you should take a look and if you like please leave a 5 stars, or let me know any issues
this is only for lockscreen , when you are outside lockscreen you have the normal power menu ;)
here its the link to play store
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nezdroid.lockscreenprotector