2.3 Lock Screen disable

Tsip85

Reaction score
I used to use MyLock to disable the lock screen prior to the Froyo update. Since then, MyLock has been useless. I'm glad to see the option to disable the lock screen from the power widget in 2.3, but has anyone actually had any success with with it? I turn the lock screen off, and it will work for a little bit, but then it seems to always turn itself back on. I hate having to press the power button AND the slide lock to use my phone. Anyone know of a way to completely disable the slide lock and make it where only the power button (not camera and volume buttons) wakes and unlocks the screen?

shoot2scre

Reaction score
I used to use MyLock to disable the lock screen prior to the Froyo update. Since then, MyLock has been useless. I'm glad to see the option to disable the lock screen from the power widget in 2.3, but has anyone actually had any success with with it? I turn the lock screen off, and it will work for a little bit, but then it seems to always turn itself back on. I hate having to press the power button AND the slide lock to use my phone. Anyone know of a way to completely disable the slide lock and make it where only the power button (not camera and volume buttons) wakes and unlocks the screen?

It's funny because I posted almost this exact same thread a few days ago.

I still use MyLock because the built in function, like you said... doesn't function properly.

OP
T

Tsip85

Reaction score
All I've read is from the MyLock programmers. They quit updating it because of something to do with Froyo. Apparently 2.2 has that built in lock screen and it will automaticaly restore itself. MyLock was doing the same thing...I'd turn it on and it would work for about 30 minutes. Then it would just turn off. hope somenbody is able to figure out a way to disable it.

shoot2scre

Reaction score
All I've read is from the MyLock programmers. They quit updating it because of something to do with Froyo. Apparently 2.2 has that built in lock screen and it will automaticaly restore itself. MyLock was doing the same thing...I'd turn it on and it would work for about 30 minutes. Then it would just turn off. hope somenbody is able to figure out a way to disable it.

MyLock still works for me...

OP
T

Tsip85

Reaction score

Is it working to where only the power button will unlock the screen? And it doesn't re-set after a while? If so, what version MyLock and can you send me the .apk. I really want it back and the one in the market now doesn't work for me.

shoot2scre

Reaction score

Is it working to where only the power button will unlock the screen? And it doesn't re-set after a while? If so, what version MyLock and can you send me the .apk. I really want it back and the one in the market now doesn't work for me.

I have myLock Auto Unlock version 1.4c

And yes... it still works, 100% of the time.

I don't have the .apk still. It's still installed on my phone though. Whats the easiest way to get that to you?

OP
T

Tsip85

Reaction score
Not sure if this will work, but let's give it a try. If you have Root Explorer or Astro, go into your /system/app folder and find MyLock. make sure you are set to R/W. COPY MyLock and paste it on the root of your SD. Then connect your phone to your computer and you should be able to attach it here. Might have to zip it first...not sure.

shoot2scre

Reaction score
Not sure if this will work, but let's give it a try. If you have Root Explorer or Astro, go into your /system/app folder and find MyLock. make sure you are set to R/W. COPY MyLock and paste it on the root of your SD. Then connect your phone to your computer and you should be able to attach it here. Might have to zip it first...not sure.

That's the problem... myLock isn't a system app so it's not in there.

OP
T

Tsip85

Reaction score
Hmmm...If you go to manage applications, do you have the option to move it to your phone? If so, if it's not already, try that and see of it puts it in the system apps. I'm yet to figure out where the aps go when you move them to your SD card...LOL.

shoot2scre

Reaction score
Hmmm...If you go to manage applications, do you have the option to move it to your phone? If so, if it's not already, try that and see of it puts it in the system apps. I'm yet to figure out where the aps go when you move them to your SD card...LOL.

It's already "On the phone". I haven't moved it to the SD card.

OP
T

Tsip85

Reaction score
that's a bummer. I'm not sure where it goes. I'm going to install the free version from the market and see if I can find where it puts it. I had it before and it did not work, but I could have swore I deleted from my systm/app folder. Thanks for looking. If I figure anything out, I'll post here again.

bharrismac

Reaction score

That's the problem... myLock isn't a system app so it's not in there.

Look under /data/app/ or /data/app-private/. If there's a zip file in the app folder, you'll find the .apk in the app-private folder.

OP
T

Tsip85

Reaction score
bh, thanks for the tip. Forgot my wife had this version I was looking for in her phone. I was able to make a copy of it and put it on mine and it works like a charm! Can't believe they pulled this version of MyLock, as it seems to be the only one that works on 2.2 phones.