myLock in Market! Skip the Lock Screen!

jimmiem

Reaction score
I just installed Keyguard disabler from the market and I like the way it works better than the way MyLock is designed. There is no alternative to the lock screen and you don't see the lock screen at all when you turn on your phone. You just see your screen however it was when you turned off your phone, ready to use.

OP
Martin030908

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Slinky, I think what might be happening in your incidental & temporary stops is a handcent glitch. Do you have handcent going?

Martin - I've been counting on you as my main promoter. Are you still rocking a1? Or did you move up to the market ver once we got the handcent workaround worked out?

I think the stability & performance of the update for it that I'm about done with will be good for you. I'm a few downloads from passing 800 active users, so I know we have solid performance with only rare malfunctions.

I've been on your market version since you released it. I've been mia because my pc died and I've been without a computer for a while... parts are on the way tho.

when I get my new machine up and running maybe I can put something together on droidblog about myLock.

faxman75

Reaction score
I just installed Keyguard disabler from the market and I like the way it works better than the way MyLock is designed. There is no alternative to the lock screen and you don't see the lock screen at all when you turn on your phone. You just see your screen however it was when you turned off your phone, ready to use.

It might be useful if pressing the camera key and volume keys didn't also wake it up. If you have the phone in your pocket it wakes up regularly. Also they charge for this app and mylock is free with an attentive developer in this forum that is customizing and updating regularly.

I'm sticking with mylock, it does exactly what i want. Wakes up and puts the phone to sleep with one button, the power button. Perfect.

Pet, the latest build you e-mailed me is working the best of all of them thus far. I would say one in every 8 or so wakes the lock screen wins the battle and I press the power button again to put it to sleep and again to wake it up and it works properly. Still just using media player and blue tooth. I have noticed it stays enabled now after calls so that was a good improvement.

M

Matth3w

Yep, I went ahead and put together a new post at the blog. Link has been added to post above.

Would you like to make some icons for the app? I don't have the time or the talent graphically.
I'm not that great graphically either, but if you tell me what you want I should be able to whip it up.

M

Matth3w

I can post about it on my blog as well. Let me try it out for a day or so and make sure it has all the kinks out that I had before with it

M

Matth3w

Still not working for me. Oh well.

In a span of 3 minutes it failed twice. Could be that I am rooted and running a ROM.

First time I hit the unlock button and the screen lit up and basically my phone was a full screen live wallpaper...no unlock buttons, no text, nothing.

Second time it had the lock buttons then disappeared. Both times I had to re-lock then unlock the phone to get back in.

I'll still design an icon for you if you want.

petjakob

Reaction score
Faxman, I think the lockscreen battle you mentioned is solved, for my first day of testing I had the same, and I haven't had one yet with the v I put out on market.

Keyguard disabler is prob my favorite mylock alternative. I'm not pursuing the functionality it offers for every button instant wake, no guarding at all. My any key wakeup solution is the mylock advanced lockscreen that's about to hit beta once I have widgets fully operational.

Matthew- my guess is that live wallpaper is the monkey wrench I haven't been able to test. I'm going to need to root it tonight and duplicate your operating environment. I will probably change it so it just displays a blank black screen so wallpaper can't introduce latency.

Last edited:

petjakob

Reaction score
Updated market r3/ v1.1 - further adjustments to phone call reaction handling to be smoother. Will optimize with useful enhancements in 2.1 soon. Added toggle for the slider guard mode. Retracted wallpaper change due to inexplicable performance issues with the plain dark theme. Back to the drawing board on that one. Fixed a few rare bugs in the widget and settings screen though.

http://mylockandroid.blogspot.com/2010/03/mylock-basic-updated-on-market.html

Last edited:

CatsTide

Reaction score
Updated market r3/ v1.1 - further adjustments to phone call reaction handling to be smoother. Will optimize with useful enhancements in 2.1 soon. Added toggle for the slider guard mode. Adjusted both modes to avoid trying to display wallpaper due to reports of issues when live wallpaper is active. Fixed a few rare bugs in the widget.

myLock for android: myLock (basic) updated on the market
i actually liked the last version where it showed the wallpaper briefly instead of the lock screen.:frown:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right now, I'm not a fan of either. MyLock has stability/working right issues in that it doesnt always do what it's supposed to do, and caused the phone app to FC. Keyguard Disabler doesnt prevent pocket dialing when the keyboard opens up. Maybe one day....

jbgmd

Reaction score
I would really like to try this app. I have looked in Market, but could not locate it. I have attempted to download files to the phone memory card. When I try to install the program with apps installer, I get message "application not installed mylock basic could not be installed on this phone". Please help. Using brand new Eris. Has firmware 1.5. Software version 1.17.605.1. Hardware version 0002. Any help appreciated. Thanks Johnwsd

CatsTide

Reaction score
I would really like to try this app. I have looked in Market, but could not locate it. I have attempted to download files to the phone memory card. When I try to install the program with apps installer, I get message "application not installed mylock basic could not be installed on this phone". Please help. Using brand new Eris. Has firmware 1.5. Software version 1.17.605.1. Hardware version 0002. Any help appreciated. Thanks Johnwsd
i think it's moto droid only app

petjakob

Reaction score
This is because it is for android 2.0 and up only.

I am working on implementing my original market release which had mostly 1.6 and earlier compatible setup. Not as reliable but I think that would get it working on eris/motoblur devices, etc.

matthew, if you ever get a chance see how the current v1.2 runs for you, it no longer interacts with wallpaper and the process is as streamlined as i could make it. if there is a still a problem then i will root and install what you've got to check this out further

Last edited:

JJSMay

Reaction score
Can screen be set to go timeout?

I use MyLock and MyLock Beta. They both work fine. But he screen no longer goes dark so it's on all the time. Is there something I'm missing? Is there some setting that will allow the screens to timeout? Thanks, Jeff

petjakob

Reaction score
Try updating to current versions. The stay awake function was dropped so I could work on compatibility with other apps that set up stay awake functionality. You might have had it crash while a stay awake was active- if so, rebooting your phone should fix it.