Diet Droid "slimmed" D2G ROM

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
All I have seen so far are paid apps and other software specific and non related apps or simple shortcuts so if you know of any off hand pleae post them. And what settings should I be looking for as far as the backlights are concerned. Or are just throwing random tips out there? Im not tryin to be a jerk but I see a lot of posts that offer up some very vague suggestions and I was just hoping for some solid input. If not then don't worry about it because im sure the grd team will be releasing some goodies soon. Thanks anyway though.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Seems your right about the camcorder thing, I look at alot of different places to find my apps. If I see one again (that's free) I will post it. As far as the backlights are concerned I will have to flash back to stock to answer that question fully. If you are useing liberty download the toolbox and under liberty mods you will find the option to turn the backlights on. I did not have the same issue using the slimmed rom.

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
I've checked the toolbox and I have not seen an option for this. Like I said, not a big deal. I will be flashing diet or gb in a week or so. Thanks anyway.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The back lights/rotation issues is issues we have not found is whats wrong with the GRD ROMER as development for this GRD DEV TEAm release has not gone far as we are putting all the eggs in the basket of THE GRD D2G Rom & the camcorder issues are bc The one in THe d2 IS slightly different from the D2G

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The two biggest issues I am having are: a) the auto rotate will switch to landscape but will not revert back once you turn the phone right side up or slide the keyboard back in. b) the camcorder doesn't work. And c) the backlights for the soft keys and the slide out keyboard don't work. This isn't a huge issue since there are backlight control apps but it is pretty inconvenient since you cannot activate them while you are in the middle of something else. It would just be nice to have all basic features but like I said, I am stcking with this until GRD releases something truly epic. If you know of any fixes for either of these issues please let me know, thanks.

A) thats a sensors issue. Lock the phone and unlock it or go into an app that starts in portrait to get back.

B) did you try the blur camera/camcorder in the toolbox? It works on mine. I havent tried the aosp one though.

C) keyboard lights are fixed with v7 romer. What version did you use?

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Okay, finally a solid answer. I am on v5. Can I flash v7 over everything or will I have to start over again? Thanks for the info so far.

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Oh and where is the cam in the toolbox? I can't seem to find it.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You can flash it over.

Its under add on's. You'll have to install it manually, I'll pm directions to you in a few.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Check Burry Bois release thread but flashing over just the romer no big deal just dont flash liberty again with out a full wipe but flashing romer 7 over 5 should not have a problem @ all if I am not mistaken just make a nandroid back up first though bro it has been ahile since I have use the GRD ROMER LOL

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Thanks so much guys! Ill be lookin for that pm also could you please elaborate on the cam in the roolbox? I just don't see it.

Edit: my bad im guessing that's what you are talkin about pmin me huh? Lol

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to install busybox on the slimmed rom. I flashed back over to start again and tried to install it (did not do it last time) but it would not install it. I even lost su ability for titainium.

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
OMG! I am so overwelmed with joy. Thank you guys so much! My backlights are on and I just recorded my son in a little video clip. Everything is working very well. Sooooo awesome, I will most likely be sticking with this rom since all of my issues are solved. I think v7 even fixed a glitch I was having with weatherbug. Too cool!

biknut1

Reaction score
Broken download

Was downloading this from your Mediafire link. In the middle of it, silly me decided to reboot my phone for something else. I deleted it out of my downloads folder and tried to start it again, but I keep getting advertisements from Mediafire. Is there a workaround other than rebooting/cleaning out my computer?

EDIT: To clear up some confusion- DSL nor cable is available where we live, so my wife and I tether through our phones. I was downloading to my computer when this happened.

OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
biknut You can try downloading directly to you phone from the browser. Then it's already on your SD card

biknut1

Reaction score
Downloads

biknut You can try downloading directly to you phone from the browser. Then it's already on your SD card

Thanks Utim8- I'll try that next!

And thanks for all your hard work on this ROM. I have been slow to come around to some of these as I prefer pretty much functional (sensor etc.) But to have the blur garbage gone is sweet, so I want to test drive this one. Can't wait to see how it runs!