Diet Droid: Lose the Fat

kickyindahead

Reaction score
How do I get the stock browser back. I never really like any other browser.

I would suggest using dolphin mini... I use that more than I use the stock browser

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

edwards2243

Reaction score
Try the netfront browser v2...I used dolphin mini for the last few months and stumbled acrossed it. Its a good UI, smoothe, and has many of the same features as dolphin mini. My one complaint is the default search: yahoo. It can't be changed.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I just downloaded this and I am pleasantly surprised. After enabling stagefrieght and increasing my dalvik heap it is just as smooth as liberty 2.0 with the same settings. Posting quadrant scores avg. 2300.
My only issue so far is the clunky stock lock screen, but I can change that. Thanks for the work.

OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
I just downloaded this and I am pleasantly surprised. After enabling stagefrieght and increasing my dalvik heap it is just as smooth as liberty 2.0 with the same settings. Posting quadrant scores avg. 2300.

Thanks for the info on this. future releases I will make stagefright enabled and look into more performance tweaks.

bikedude880

Reaction score
****... I should just release my Alpha if you're just now tweaking that... On the other hand, this one /is/ stable... lol. Mine just less so.

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah gamer I am averaging 2600 quadrant scores Great job bro We will see what 13th angel puts out in the next few days or when ever he gets a chance to finish it up for a release we might have you version on the GRD Rom Base or we may be using both as a combination but I am loving your work BRO GREAT JOB

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
****... I should just release my Alpha if you're just now tweaking that... On the other hand, this one /is/ stable... lol. Mine just less so.

well Dude you have done a great job Stripping down to the BAre Bones

Biker do you dual boot the ubuntu 64bit & if so what Kind of Cpu you & what kind of ram do you have

bikedude880

Reaction score

Biker do you dual boot the ubuntu 64bit & if so what Kind of Cpu you & what kind of ram do you have

I don't dual boot. Pentium D 830 @ 2.8Ghz, 1GB PC2-5300.

Yeah... my current zip runs around 28MB...

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Nice Whats not stable on it ?

bikedude880

Reaction score

Nice Whats not stable on it ?

Uhm... essentially you have to add your own dialer/contacts/mms/gallery/camera/lol etc...

I'm getting to that, I swear xD

OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
I never claimed this to be a custom performance ROM. Right now I am cutting out bloat and what few other apks can be removed while still remaining functional for all. I thought I'd share with the community as I went along. When there is a Custom GRD built ROM, it will include performance tweaks and customization. until then, this is what I've got. Thanks to all for the input and additional resources.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Tweaking it was easy enough. I used bladebuddy to enable stage freight and root tools to overclock to 1.2ghz. I like having the speed as well as full functionality. Agian thaws for your work.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
We will see what 13th angel puts out in the next few days or when ever he gets a chance to finish it up for a release

Should be out by the end of this weekend. It needs a little work because currently just bootloops. Hoping thats a relatively easy fix but havent really had any more time to work on it today.

Thanks Ultim8 for letting me use your rom as a base, its really kept me from having to do near as much work as i would have otherwise.