Dialer issues

ksalce

Reaction score
This is not that big of a problem but more of an annoyance. Whenever I click the dialer shortcut on the dock for the new gingerblur leak, it brings me to contacts and then I have to switch over to the dialer. I don't know why it keeps doing this because the shortcut is directly linked to dialer. Anyone know how to fix this? Thank you.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Maybe your dialer app is one and the same with your contacts list. The blurred dialer is like this.

ATCnGA

Reaction score
My dialer has stopped working. If I hit the dialer button it goes like it is going to open but it just reverts back to the main screen. I can still make calls through the contacts but it sure would be easier to use the dialer. Help please.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

supermaughan

Reaction score
Same problem today for me. I read some where about cool down mode but I don't remember my phone ever going into cool down mode. I the only fix I have found is a factory reset but I really don't want to do that. Does anyone no of a way to just restore the dialer app?.

ATCnGA, do you use a car dock? Rooted? Launcher? I'm trying to find what we have in common to determine what is causing the issue. I use a car dock and car dashboard app, I rooted with z4root, and I am running Go Launcher. My phone has been working fine with all of these for a long time now. I'm not sure when the problem started because I don't use my dialer much. I tried launching it by tapping a phone number in a browser and is still didn't work. Tried force closing and clearing data, nothing works.

bwalkerO07_charge

Reaction score
Why not download the Go dailer and try to jumpstart things.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

ATCnGA

Reaction score
cooldown mode

It did enter cool down mode about a week ago. Someone in my family grabbed the towel it was under at the pool and it sat under the sun for about an hour. I saw it and it was quite hot and I turned it off and shoved it back under the towel. About an hour later I turned it on after it had returned to a normal temp and it seemed to work fine. It didn't start having the dialer issues for a few days after that.

It's not rooted. I could try a reset but would like to avoid that if possible.

supermaughan

Reaction score
I stopped by Verizon today just to see if the tech had seen this issue before. He had not and was no help.

fisher_i_am

Reaction score
Same problem with dialer for me...it did go I.to cool down mode after being left in car.

I use pro launcher also.

Please help, this sucks.

Jason

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ATCnGA

Reaction score
Ok still no fix for the dialer issue. Today I installed dialer one from the droid market. It seems to work fine. Not quite as good as the native software but definately a workable solution.

nissmo66

Reaction score
Ok still no fix for the dialer issue. Today I installed dialer one from the droid market. It seems to work fine. Not quite as good as the native software but definately a workable solution.

just did a factory reset, that fixed it

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
Anyone else ever had an issue with the dialer? As a a few days ago the dialer button (and the dialer app in the app list) fails. If you do it enough times you can see it actually opens for a moment and then closes. The odd thing is that I can still make calls from the phonebook, and the dialer pops up and functions perfectly when I am on a call (i.e. I can dial conference codes, etc.)

I'm open to any suggestions...

google123

Reaction score
Have you tried deleting cache and/or data for the dialer app?

Check settings>applications>manage applications>all>dialer.....

Dez1678

Reaction score
I'm having this same issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.