Voice Dialer

fking29

Reaction score
Has anyone else had problems with the voice dialer? When I launch the app it brings up the Voice Dialer box and displays Listening...

but it will not accept my verbal direction. Any ideas?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
From what I can tell, the dialer works great when there is no other noise. The microphone on the Eris is extremely sensitive and any ambient noise will throw off the voice dialer.

The best way to test this is to go some where quiet and try it. It seems to work well when I do that. Maybe a headset microphone will help too, but I don't have one to try.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The one on the Droid is horrible. Does the Eris have a search button and a microphone like Droid? That's what I use to make my calls. Works better then the Search button.

OP
F

fking29

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I finally got it to work. For some reason when I try to launch the voice dialer app, it can't hear me, but when I just hold the call button it automatically opens the voice dialer, and it works. Thanks.

TJSIII

Reaction score
Just installed 2.2 on my Incredible - was hoping that it would improve Voice Dialer, which I like to use - but no luck - it doesn't matter how clearly I speak the name - it often displays someone totally different. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to the Incredible general discussion section.

Mike