Dialer issue

dclmac

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with the dialer. My dialer was working before, but I seem to have done something which it doesn't like. Now when I click on the dialer it goes to a black screen and then back to the home screen (with no error messages, mind you), then the signal goes blank and shows an X over the signal icon (basically shuts down the signal and restarts it). I have done a bit of research and linked it to the screen density. I changed the LCD Density to 210 using DroidX Overclock and it seems to be the cause of the problem. I am now stuck using the DialerOne app which is allowing me to view my contacts and make calls, but I don't like it... I like using the normal dialer which comes with my custom ROMS/themes. Are there any fixes which will allow me to keep using 210 LCD density? I really like this ROM, but I would like to be able to use the included dialer. -Thanks!

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't mess with LCD density, but this could definitely be the reason. And since I know nothing on changing density I

cant offer a fix that will get you anything but the dialer back the way it was. And thats running a nandroid or

reflashing the ROM itself.

DMFA

Reaction score
Download a dialer app from the Market. The blur dialer can't handle any LCD density other than 240. It's odd, though, it only fails outside of a phone call. In-call, the key pad functions perfectly.

I use Touch Pal Dialer (i think that's what it's called). Dialer2 and Dialer One are also available, just pick your favorite.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App