Developer Successfully Ports Beats Audio to HTC EVO 3D

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
HTC-EVO-3D-final_eternity-550x305.jpg

A developer on XDA known as Virus has successfully managed to cook up the very first Beats audio ROM for the EVO 3D. The ROM is essentially a port of the stock Sensation XE ROM but built from the ground up to allow compatibility for the EVO 3D on Sprint. This is actually the first EVO 3D ROM to feature HTC’s new Beats technology so I’m sure many rooted 3VO owners will be excited to try this one out. Check out the full list of all the mods featured in this ROM below.

• THE FIRST 3d rom to have FULL BEATS AUDIO from the Sensation XE!!
  • REMOVED CARRIER IQ from EVERY smali file in ever jar !!
  • Odexed for a SMOOTH EXPERIENCE
  • ROOT (SU + SuperUser Permissions – Thanks to ChainsDD)
  • Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
  • Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
  • init.d scripts (BusyBox run-parts) support
  • NANO text editor & sysro/sysrw commands support
  • All the sense packages have been opted and extra languages have been removed (Will finish with the rest of the apps soon)
  • Full HTC Sense 3.0 Interface
  • Fully Optimized and Tweaked
  • Forced GPU UI Rendering
  • SD Card speed tweak
  • Battery auto-calibration script (Thanks to seo)
  • Bloatware applications removed
  • Signature check hack by RC Team
  • Eternity Custom lock ring (THANKS wrmx4temp)
  • Eternity custom bootscreen (Thanks wrmx4temp)
  • Transparent notif pulldown
  • Transparent app drawer
  • Disabled scroll by page in app drawer
  • SMS Backup & Restore feature (Thanks Xron)
  • Enhanced stock browser (Custom UI string, 20tabs & more) (Thanks Xron)
  • Stock % battery display
  • CRT TV screen on/off animation
  • unlocked HTCModem (USB tethering & internet sharing)
  • unlocked hotspot (thanks leoisright)
  • 5-in-1 reboot menu
  • DSP manager (thanks cyanogen)
  • EPST that allows all ## codes
  • ipv6 privacy enhancement (rfc4941)
  • Modified Camera (Extra scenes, Mirror app, ability to toggle shutter sound on/off, long press on screen to take pictures and 2MP resolution for front cam) (Thanks SteelH)
  • Lots of build prop enhancements (Thanks Mike1986 Leadroid and Romanbb)
  • ext4 tweaks (Thanks TrevE)
Now that development seems to be up in full effect on the EVO 3D, I think the time for root is now. Hit up the source link for download links and the thread for InfectedROM Eternity with XE Beats Audio.

SOURCE: ☆ ★ | ROM | InfectedROM Eternity™ | RLS_1 | 9-25 | 2.3.4 | WITH XE BEATS AUDIO | ★ ☆ - xda-developers

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I thought it was the hardware that made beats audio good, not just the app.

Eh regardless I'm installing this on my 3d to slot one :)

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

RVC

Reaction score
I wish this would work on the Thunderbolt!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
FYI Dr.Dre doesn't make his product Monster Cables does.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well used the rom today actually sounds really good I think it's more a preset like equilzer type thing but basically the bass was turned up and what not and my songs I could hear a huge improvement with them between it being on and off rom itself ain't too bad either typing this message from it

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
This just further proves the point that Beats is no better than anything else out there. Who needs Beats when DSP Manager works just fine!? Funny how Beats has nothing to do with hardware either...... it's just DSP Manager in disguise; meaning all software based.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This just further proves the point that Beats is no better than anything else out there. Who needs Beats when DSP Manager works just fine!? Funny how Beats has nothing to do with hardware either...... it's just DSP Manager in disguise; meaning all software based.

Yea i mean if you know how to use dsp manager you could get the same results. For someone who's stupid when it comes to audio though like me :) its pretty cool ha never really messed with dsp manager or read about how to set the different things

Anyway with beats audio on the 3d it is kind of hardware as well since it only works through headphones and not the 3d's speaker. So if you have those fancy beats headphones you get both hardware and software however I just have skull candy headphones :p

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Having worked in the music industry for over 20 years myself, Dre is much more knowledgeable in how sound is reproduced than people give him credit for. Especially when it comes to the doppler effect, see: Doppler effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. People need to understand that using either the rom or hardware piece, the doppler effect is and always will be applied as in all sounds. But their are ways of manipulating this. Depending on many factors, the sound will be different. I have yet to try the app, but look forward to it.

Last edited:

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Having worked in the music industry for over 20 years myself, Dre is much more knowledgeable in how sound is reproduced than people give him credit for. Especially when it comes to the doppler effect, see: Doppler effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. People need to understand that in either an app or hardware piece, the doppler effect can be applied, which is applied in all sounds. But their are ways of manipulating this. I have yet to try the app, but look forward to it.

Yea i mean he does have a doctorate :p lol jk but you'd know better the me i know nothing when it comes sound ha i just know the beats audio sounds pretty good through my headphones and the normal sounds horrible although I do think they screwed with the normal to make it sound worse cause it sounds awful way worse than I remember i'll test it later today with a few quick reboots between my few roms installed atm :p

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea i mean he does have a doctorate :p lol jk but you'd know better the me i know nothing when it comes sound ha i just know the beats audio sounds pretty good through my headphones and the normal sounds horrible although I do think they screwed with the normal to make it sound worse cause it sounds awful way worse than I remember i'll test it later today with a few quick reboots between my few roms installed atm :p

Haha, this might be like the HD/SD effect. When I got my first HD tv I thought "how the heck was I watching that SD crap all these years"...now I can't even look at standard broadcasts anymore but I don't remember it being as bad as it seems now:blink:

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
Having worked in the music industry for over 20 years myself, Dre is much more knowledgeable in how sound is reproduced than people give him credit for. Especially when it comes to the doppler effect, see: Doppler effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. People need to understand that using either an app or hardware piece, the doppler effect is and always will be applied as in all sounds. But their are ways of manipulating this. Depending on many factors, the sound will be different. I have yet to try the app, but look forward to it.

I hear or read about Doppler effect or Frequency and I immediately think of companies like Bose, Harmon Kardon, Wharfedale, Klipsch, Bang & Olufsen, etc etc.... I never think of Monster for speakers. Monster does cables and does them pretty well. I was all set to buy a set of Beats headphones even though the price was astronomically high. To my ear; they sounded like crap; others may not share my review of them, and that's fine. Beats to me are bass heavy and lack clarity. You want a true test for Beats!? download an FLAC or 320KBPS song and listen to it through a set of Bose headphones and then through Beats. I know HTC owns beats and that people will defend Dr. Dre and Beats to the ends of the earth but, for me; it's not worth the time or money. The other side of this is; with such small speakers in phones, Beats or DSP for that matter are almost useless. They all require either headphones or a Bluetooth audio connection. It just begs to be asked.... do we even need this sort of stuff in a phone!?? I'd MUCH rather see a better quality camera so I could feel comfortable leaving my DSLR at home for all but the most important of events.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I hear or read about Doppler effect or Frequency and I immediately think of companies like Bose, Harmon Kardon, Wharfedale, Klipsch, Bang & Olufsen, etc etc.... I never think of Monster for speakers. Monster does cables and does them pretty well. I was all set to buy a set of Beats headphones even though the price was astronomically high. To my ear; they sounded like crap; others may not share my review of them, and that's fine. Beats to me are bass heavy and lack clarity. You want a true test for Beats!? download an FLAC or 320KBPS song and listen to it through a set of Bose headphones and then through Beats. I know HTC owns beats and that people will defend Dr. Dre and Beats to the ends of the earth but, for me; it's not worth the time or money. The other side of this is; with such small speakers in phones, Beats or DSP for that matter are almost useless. They all require either headphones or a Bluetooth audio connection. It just begs to be asked.... do we even need this sort of stuff in a phone!?? I'd MUCH rather see a better quality camera so I could feel comfortable leaving my DSLR at home for all but the most important of events.

Yea I can understand your point, with the difference between speakers and headphones. A lot of people confuse, not saying you, how tracks are layed down. Like if your listening to a song and you hear somthing on the left speaker and then it moves to the right, that's just a simple example of manipulating the doppler effect. Like I said, I haven't tried the headphones or the app so I can't really say either way the quality is. I was merely using Dre's experience and knowledge in the utilizing the doppler effect, amongst many more inventive ways to 'produce' different sounds and effects.