Describe the Perfect Android Phone

deputc26

Reaction score
This forum is so awesome and huge that I think our voice counts just a tiny little bit. I have a D1 which I love, root and OC but it seems like all available Android phones stop just a little shy of perfect. Here is the perfect android phone I'm looking for.

4.0-4.3" thin bezel screen. The less Bezel on top sides and bottom the better. The EVO does best here. I think the Droid X is second. The existing quality of the screens is good enough for me.

Great battery life. The Droid X and D2 are pretty good but lets put the biggest battery possible in there and get those SOCs on the latest nodes. I want a guarantee of no need to re-charge in a day.

GPU Accelerated GUI. I believe that this is coming with Gingerbread. The current UI is OK but the GPU is just sitting there most of the time. Lets not allow the iPhone to be smoother.

Flawless multi-touch. The Galaxy S class phones seem to be the best here. Even the X and the EVO get mixed up when your fingers cross eachother on the horizontal plane sometimes.

Better integrated music. Again rumored to be coming with Gingerbread, I want a seamless buying/listening experience from PC to Android device.

Better GPS. They have WAAS enable GPS units that could easily fit in smartphones. The N1 has the quickest and best GPS I've tested but a lot of Android GPS chips suck. They should be able to get a satellite lock in 5 seconds at all times in the US with no cell tower help (The US usually has 9-12 satellites visible, you only need ). This is personal preference as I use my droid to analyze the ground track of my flight students and also use it to navigate while mountaineering but I think everyone would love a solid GPS.

OK I'm sure I'll think of much more but that is my daydream for now.:icon_ banana:

What would you add to the list?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Motorola 4.0" screen, 2Ghz Processor, 1GB ram, Slide-out keyboard, 4G/LTE Capabilities

iPirate

Reaction score
for Droid 2011 I'm looking for improved RAM/ROM size and CPU speed and battery life, of course...

Would love to see the GPU used for the GUI

Camera that can do still and video at 1080p with quality similar to a point and shoot

HDMI out would be neat, but i would probably never use it

I think we have great hardware in the D1 it just needs to be taken advantage of more with software.

xmguy

Reaction score
A Android Cellphone with a Satellite Radio chipset.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Motorola, HTC or Samsung manu.
3.7 - 4.5" SAMOLED or Sony LCD
1.5GHz no idea what brand, etc. as I noe nothing about mobile cpu's :)
Galaxy S GPU or better :p
FroYo or Gingerbread, more towards Gingerbread
Better GPS capabilities
More BUILT-IN customization, no root required
Unlocked bootloader
Physical KB, unless the screen is 4", then a nice roomy touch KB
Improved Music capabilities
+/ 7MP Camera, Good front facing camera as well.
720p recording or even 1080p LOL :p
1>= GB of Ram and 16 >= GB of onboard storage, not to mention roomy SD cards.

That's just a few, extreme things, but you did say perfect phone :) oh yeah and International calling built in like the Droid 2 WE

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
Lot of good ideas so far. What I'd really like is a screen that will be easier to see in bright daylight. I hate having to turn my back to the light and cup my hands around my display if I want to make a call or read anything.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Lot of good ideas so far. What I'd really like is a screen that will be easier to see in bright daylight. I hate having to turn my back to the light and cup my hands around my display if I want to make a call or read anything.
I forgot, Retina Display like the iPhone 4 has. It adjusts to the surrounding light better than the ambient sensor in the Droid.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
FingerPrint Scan to Unlock would be a nice Security Feature