Poll: What feature would you most like to see in 2.3?

deputc26

Reaction score
At the risk of incurring Hookbill's wrath for another post on 2.3... I am interested in what members here think the greatest feature that 2.3 could add would be. If you have any candidates that you feel I have omitted let me know and I will likely add them.

To explain each option a bit,

1. A GPU accelerated GUI is what makes the user interface of the iPhone and WP7 so much smoother than Android.

2. NFC would allow phone users to use their phone as a credit card

3. FM Transmitter would allow users to stream their music to any FM radio

4. This one is open to interpretation, not a gamer myself but I frequently see this request

5. The Email app doesn't support IMAP and lacks many other gmail features

6. Tablet-atization, would involve requiring all apps to support tablet screen resolutions and tweaks to the Google Apps and UI

7. WAAS makes GPS 20x more accurate (according to specs) and enables faster fixes, most new dedicated GPS handheld units now support WAAS.

Last edited:
OP
deputc26

deputc26

Reaction score
Ba-dump!

Four is just not a big enough sample size dancedroid

OSX2000

Reaction score
I'll take one of everything.

But over all the rest, the GUI needs to be faster. Go Go Gadget, GPU!

harrellj

Reaction score
I'd be more interested in NFC if more places supported it and an FM transmitter just seems old-school. For those who want to have their phones play on their car radios, a better technology needs to be created, especially one that doesn't have such low sound quality as part of its specs.

OP
deputc26

deputc26

Reaction score
I'd be more interested in NFC if more places supported it and an FM transmitter just seems old-school. For those who want to have their phones play on their car radios, a better technology needs to be created, especially one that doesn't have such low sound quality as part of its specs.

Fully agree on NFC, no one supports it right now. FM is low quality but the ubiquity of FM capable systems make it attractive none-the-less, though I'm happy to see GPU accelerated GUI winning by a land slide as that was my top choice.

OP
deputc26

deputc26

Reaction score
Hey could I get a mod to move this to the Polls forum?

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Personally i would vote improved 4G radio's if i could. one that is better vs 3g on battery life! :D

gpu and waas would be my choice out of them