Deodexing Droid X Help!

jcowne23

Reaction score
This is my first forum post so sorry if I might sound like a noob. I rooted my DX and got bootstrap but im just a little confused on how to go about deodexing to get all the cool themes an such. I've gone into bootstrap recovery, made a backup file and am familiar with ziping from sd card. But every time I zip a file from sd it never works out for me (being that I have to deodex it first?) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dclmac

Reaction score
I've heard of deodexing, but not sure what it is... I'm sure I've done it, but can someone break it down for me?

loonie01

Reaction score
First off. Welcome. Try choosing one of the many rims that are located in this forum. Once you have located one and installed it. Check fir themes that are made for that rom. Download and install. I hope that that will get you started.

OP
J

jcowne23

Reaction score
So if I decide to install the Liberty rom..I shudnt run into any problems with deodexing files? Im just confused with the correct steps to actually installing a rom :/ sorry for the noobness

dclmac

Reaction score
So if I decide to install the Liberty rom..I shudnt run into any problems with deodexing files? Im just confused with the correct steps to actually installing a rom :/ sorry for the noobness

Just follow the simple instructions in the op of the liberty rom download and you can't go wrong. :)

p.s. if you hold out a day or so, liberty 2.0 should be out

OP
J

jcowne23

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! Ill hold out a day an wait for v2.0. I saw a zip file for a black keyboard..is that the same process to install as a rom?

dclmac

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! Ill hold out a day an wait for v2.0. I saw a zip file for a black keyboard..is that the same process to install as a rom?

Download Smart Keyboard (I use pro) from the market, you won't be disappointed!