Day 5 with my Bionic

mdanehart

Reaction score
In the past I have owned the Apple Iphone 4 with AT&T, jumped ship and hooked my wagon with Verizon using the Droid X and the Thunderbolt.

I liked the Iphone but the AT&T coverage in my local was not up to task, the Droid X was a nice unit but I had an opportunity to sell the X and buy a Thunderbolt. The Thunderbolt had a nice camera and display but the cell reception really sucked!

My contract showed the option to upgrade and I did the reviews on the Bionic. I am not a cell phone tech nor a software engineer, just a everyday user. I am trying to find a reason to send this unit back and I really can't!

I must have a good unit built on a Tuesday. The camera is not the best in low level light conditions, but in day light it is on par with the Thunderbolt, the interface and browser works, the speaker is loud, I have the over sized battery and the device runs all day... AND THE MOST IMPORTANT..THE CELL RECEPTION AND CALL QUALITY IS THE BEST OF ANY DEVICE I HAVE OWNED! for myself the cellphone is employment priority the smartphone application is secondary.

I have 9 days left to decide to return the Bionic , I would like to see how the cell reception works on the Verizon Iphone 4, but for now this is a pretty slick device.:icon_ banana:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
In the past I have owned the Apple Iphone 4 with AT&T, jumped ship and hooked my wagon with Verizon using the Droid X and the Thunderbolt.

I liked the Iphone but the AT&T coverage in my local was not up to task, the Droid X was a nice unit but I had an opportunity to sell the X and buy a Thunderbolt. The Thunderbolt had a nice camera and display but the cell reception really sucked!

My contract showed the option to upgrade and I did the reviews on the Bionic. I am not a cell phone tech nor a software engineer, just a everyday user. I am trying to find a reason to send this unit back and I really can't!

I must have a good unit built on a Tuesday. The camera is not the best in low level light conditions, but in day light it is on par with the Thunderbolt, the interface and browser works, the speaker is loud, I have the over sized battery and the device runs all day... AND THE MOST IMPORTANT..THE CELL RECEPTION AND CALL QUALITY IS THE BEST OF ANY DEVICE I HAVE OWNED! for myself the cellphone is employment priority the smartphone application is secondary.

I have 9 days left to decide to return the Bionic , I would like to see how the cell reception works on the Verizon Iphone 4, but for now this is a pretty slick device.:icon_ banana:

I'm the same way, reception and battery life comes first, everything else 2nd for me.

gtofan350

Reaction score
I'm coming from the Verizon iPhone 4 and I have never had a problem with it as far as reception goes. The battery life in the iPhone is unequaled. Having said that, the iphone does not have a dual core and in some apps you notice it. Also, no LTE radio in the iphone either and rumors say that the iphone 5 won't have lte cuz of the battery technology isn't where Apple wants it to be. The biggest reason I'm switching back to Android is I hate feeling like Apple controls everything I do on my device. I know it can be jailbroken but Apple makes it a personal agenda by releasing small updates here and there to fight jailbreaking. The iphone is a nice device but as far as technology goes, I think its generic, closed, and behind the curve. I can't wait til I get my bionic, its sitting in a Fedex warehouse waiting to be shipped to my house. Hopefully Monday Ill get it.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^Yesterday when I finally plugged my phone in to charge it was still at 20% and the stats were 1d 3h 33s. Can the iphone equal that?!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^Ok, that is unequaled! I had no idea. 4G is the big battery killer these days.

gtofan350

Reaction score
Right now my iphone has been unplugged since about 10am and the wifi has been left on since I unplugged it. Right now its at 95% charge. I know the iphone uses a lithium polymer battery and the bionic uses a lithium ion battery. I don't know what the difference is but hopefully someone could chime in.

Human_Droid

Reaction score
close to 7hrs my bionic was still at 80+% lite to moderate use, in and out of 4g lte zones,

gtofan350

Reaction score
Rooted with a custom ROM? What are you doin to get that type of life? It seems most people with the Bionic are only getting 7-8 hours total.

Human_Droid

Reaction score
Using the Task Manager there is an option to turn off an app 2 min after the screen turns off. Most apps will stay running. I am totally stock. Screen is around 20% .. 3 & 4G radio are on around the clock too. No widgets.

donzz

Reaction score
I have had mine for a couple weeks now and I love it. I don't have 4G in my town yet but the town next to mine does. I went there last night for a hockey game and couldn't wait to try out the 4G. HOLY CRAP! I swear it's faster than my home cable connection. Amazing! So far no complaints but I do wish it had a physical camera button.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Stock here, I do use the power widget and google search.... I run a semi between Indy and st. Louis everyday (both are 4g but between its 3g or less ) and I've gone thru 5 bionics with various hardware issues till my current handset... Using a standard battery and auto light setting I typically get at least 15 hours at light to moderate usage... I will be checking that 2 min cut off setting though!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums