Hello to my old Bionic friends!!

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Just thought I'd stop in, am rather curious as to how the Bionic is doing these days. Unfortunately my connection issues got MUCH worse after .902 and I had no choice but to switch to the Rezound back in Febuary or so. While it's a great phone, I have to admit....I really miss my Bionic. The feel, the extended battery, the screen....everything. The rezound works, but it just doesn't fit ME as well as the Bionic did. I also miss Zumocast and MotoPrint. Sure there are alternatives, but they just don't seem to work as well or be as simple as Zumocast/Motoprint. Damn shame...

Btw, I cannot emphasize enough how much I miss the Bionic screen. Sure, at first glance others seem "brighter" or "crisper," but the tradeoff in day time viewing and battery life is just not worth it. Bionic was full brightness all day, 4g, auto syncs, pretty much the whole setup. I have to take all the proper "battery saving steps" with my Rezound just to make it through the day. Screen is only at 25% brightness, is almost invisible when outdoors, and has a bleed over light effect from the bottom buttons on black screens. Man I miss my Bionic...

Anyways, what's the word? Have things gotten any better? Reception? Camera? Anything? Or have we just moved on and accepted the few, yet significant, problems?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
.905 is the current version and ICS is "just around the corner." There are 5 ICS leaks if you want it now, but the problem with the last one is that you can't go back to .905 if you want to, you can only go forward.

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Did .905 make a difference? Any significant changes? Good or bad?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Personally I didn't have problems with any version, but .905 seemed to help others.

Right now the threads are discussing the different ICS leaks. On some phones ICS has kicked the speed up to 1,200 Mhz, but not everyone. If you do get 1,200 Mhz, battery life seems to drop.

6.7.235 is the latest ICS leak (the one you can't go back to .905) and people really like it, but others are staying on 6.7.232 as they can go back.

Last edited:

bamafan39

Reaction score
ics is awsome..the way the phone should have been the day we bought it!

wseyller

Reaction score
Actually six leaks. 2031, 2033, 229, 230, 232 & 235. Although most people stay away from 235 since there is no way back to stock. Most people i would guess are on 232 as it the next best more current leak and is the best in my experience.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

virgil71468

Reaction score
Guys, not sure what the deal is but I've been on ics. 235 3 weeks now and not one single problem. Nada. Stop to consider all these different "custom" roms and rooting proceedures you go through? Just asking so don't bite back too hard.

wseyller

Reaction score
Guys, not sure what the deal is but I've been on ics. 235 3 weeks now and not one single problem. Nada. Stop to consider all these different "custom" roms and rooting proceedures you go through? Just asking so don't bite back too hard.

235 has been out almost two weeks.

What custom roms? The leaks are not considered custom roms.

What question are you asking?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
First off, the Bionic turned its back on me!

Aside from the camera, no.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
.901 was really good for me.. I just moved on to ics .232 and the 4g isn't picked up as much at work but the rest of the phone is fantastic... very fast and smooth.. smart actions are great and wifi and Bluetooth connect automatically... wifi would lag to connect on gb for me or is have to go into the wifi settings before it would connect

all in all ics is fantastic and I'm not going back

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

maaybraak

Reaction score
Oh, man! I LUV my Bionic on ICS .232. I was on .902, then took the ota to .905. Never really had any issues with either one. Later flashed to .230 then .232. I'm also currently running AXIOMBeam on top of my .232 leak and it works f-ing fantastically! I've never had a phone that I've been as happy with as I have been this one. Bionic 4-EVER!

Sent from my ICED .232 Bionic

deduct

Reaction score
maaybraak said:
Oh, man! I LUV my Bionic on ICS .232. I was on .902, then took the ota to .905. Never really had any issues with either one. Later flashed to .230 then .232. I'm also currently running AXIOMBeam on top of my .232 leak and it works f-ing fantastically! I've never had a phone that I've been as happy with as I have been this one. Bionic 4-EVER!

Sent from my ICED .232 Bionic

I tried axiombeam and liked it alot. However, my lock screen animation was wonky. Would not blink off in the middle of the screen. Was down towards the bottom. And also could not use stock visual voicemail app. Other than that data was very stable and i really loved the keyboard. If anyone knows of a fix for that lockscreen issue, (besides turning off the animation) i would give it another try.

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Ah man, Bionic has smart actions now?! Oh well, I'll have another upgrade available in January. I know a lot of people got all pissy at Moto because of lack of early updates, but I never had a problem. For some reason .902 just screwed everything up, probably because of location. And a reliable phone is just too important to me for work, I couldn't take the risk. I gave it 4 chances and defended it to the core.

So hopefully a good Moto phone is out around then. I dunno about the Razr HD, we'll see. I've realized I don't care as much about unlocked bootloaders. ROMs are obviously still available for the Bionic and I have no intention of really going all out on my phone with s-off and all that. All I need is a good ol' fashion root.

So it sounds like it hasn't changed much. Most people are doing better, but some had to flash back a few updates.

If it makes you feel any better about ICS, we were actually PROMISED ICS a few times, had a release time period on that chart and everything. Nothing. No word, no hints, no truths. So let's just go ahead and blame Verizon for all of this, shall we?

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ah man, Bionic has smart actions now?! Oh well, I'll have another upgrade available in January. I know a lot of people got all pissy at Moto because of lack of early updates, but I never had a problem. For some reason .902 just screwed everything up, probably because of location. And a reliable phone is just too important to me for work, I couldn't take the risk. I gave it 4 chances and defended it to the core.

So hopefully a good Moto phone is out around then. I dunno about the Razr HD, we'll see. I've realized I don't care as much about unlocked bootloaders. ROMs are obviously still available for the Bionic and I have no intention of really going all out on my phone with s-off and all that. All I need is a good ol' fashion root.

So it sounds like it hasn't changed much. Most people are doing better, but some had to flash back a few updates.

If it makes you feel any better about ICS, we were actually PROMISED ICS a few times, had a release time period on that chart and everything. Nothing. No word, no hints, no truths. So let's just go ahead and blame Verizon for all of this, shall we?

smart actions is in my market now probably since I upgraded to ics.. its very convenient

Verizon definitely adds to the issues w delaying updates but although I really enjoy the bionic its most likely my last moto phone... don't like how they treated their customers.. and samsung is doing some excellent things in developing great phones... trying to move to an s3.. the only thing they might currently lack is a moto type cell radio.. once they get that squared away its gonna be perfect at least to me.. I'll probably have to put an extended battery and case on it to have it feel comfortable in my hand like a bionic lol but its all good

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk