Droid Razr Camera & Screen VS. Bionic

BSG4893

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the camera in the Razr will be an improvement over the bionics as far as taking pictures goes? Because after having an Iphone 4, an HTC Thunderbolt, and a Droid Charge, the Bionic takes the worst pictures out of them all and its very disappointing because being that im a guy i dont carry about a camera so when i want to take a picture i use my cell phone because its always handy. Also Will the Razr's screen be an improvement significantly as well? I know the Bionic was designed with the qHD screen in order to save battery life but coming from having a Super Amoled on the iphone, to a lcd on the thunderbolt and then another super amoled on my charge, my bionics screen is a huge let down. Any information is helpful please no bashing its not necessary.

SmokeNMirrors

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the camera in the Razr will be an improvement over the bionics as far as taking pictures goes? Because after having an Iphone 4, an HTC Thunderbolt, and a Droid Charge, the Bionic takes the worst pictures out of them all and its very disappointing because being that im a guy i dont carry about a camera so when i want to take a picture i use my cell phone because its always handy. Also Will the Razr's screen be an improvement significantly as well? I know the Bionic was designed with the qHD screen in order to save battery life but coming from having a Super Amoled on the iphone, to a lcd on the thunderbolt and then another super amoled on my charge, my bionics screen is a huge let down. Any information is helpful please no bashing its not necessary.

We don't know how good the Razr camera will be until someone tests it out. The Razr display is SAMOLED and is vastly better than the Bionic's LCD. BTW- the iPhone is also an LCD (not SAMOLED).

densetsu86

Reaction score
The razr is a qhd samoled vs the bionics qhd pentile display. Same Res on both phones.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

jcardona1

Reaction score
Has anybody done a video of the Razr taking pictures? Curious to see its shutter lag, and how the pics look. The Bionic camera is a POS.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Has anybody done a video of the Razr taking pictures? Curious to see its shutter lag, and how the pics look. The Bionic camera is a POS.

I watched a quick hands on with the Razr and the guy fired up the camera and took a quick shot and then closed it. It was pretty fast overall. In fact, I'll be looking for that .apk ASAP!

lobo13

Reaction score
If anyone can upload the video or link it that would be great. I haven't seen how the camera works, and would like to.

William_04_x

Reaction score
I have an upgrade available right after Xmas. I hope you guys get the bugs worked out by then. I really like what I see from the RAZR so far. I've been watching this forum since it was opened. Never been so excited about a phone. LOL

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

benz0

Reaction score
When the Bionic was able to focus and take a picture, that was the nicest pics i've seen for a phone! Very clear, but maybe it's just me... lol :p

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
The Bionic has a good camara. The problem is the software that controls the auto focus. Sometimes it focuses, and sometimes it dosn't. Sometimes it takes a while and sometimes it's quick.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
The Bionic has a good camara. The problem is the software that controls the auto focus. Sometimes it focuses, and sometimes it dosn't. Sometimes it takes a while and sometimes it's quick.

Yep, I went to the Verizon store to check out the Bionic. The camera fired up and took a pretty good picture. I went back and tried it again and it was terrible! I think it just depends on its mood.

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
On my Bionic I switched to Camera FX and it goes fine. Quick picture and good qaulity (I'm a "snap shot taker" not a photographer!!). I've read that Ice Cream Sandwich will correct the camera issues and provide many, many new features.

cjsmoove

Reaction score
^^^^Exactly...even before then. The update should bring the Bionics camera up to par.

William_04_x

Reaction score
Moto is going to release new hardware to fix the cameras and pentile displays. It's a set of really dark glasses called Bionicles.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
Took this picture with my bionic the other day. Some weird flowers that poped out of the lawn. I think the picture looks pretty good for a cell phone... Oh yeah by they way. Does anyone know what kind of flowers these are? LOL!

flowers.jpg