Camera Quality?

Starbuckpga

Reaction score
So I made the switch from an iPhone 4S to the Razr, love it to be honest. Although a little disappointed in the camera. The camera is a big deal to me with having an 19 month old daughter and snapping pics on the fly. The camera in the iPhone 4S was unbelievable. Surprisingly both phones sport the 8 megapixel camera. However the Razr seems to have the hazy or foggy effect with my pictures. I read somewhere it's not the camera, but rather the software used for the camera. If that is true, are there any other applications I can use that will improve the quality of my pictures? And it seems it takes a few seconds longer than it should to focus as well.

jimmya

Reaction score
Yes, there is an app called CamerazoomFX....it really is good.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
If you're getting hazy or foggy pictures, check to make sure the camera lens is clean. ;)

The iPhone's camera wins though, no denying that. The RAZR's camera is the best I've seen on a Moto phone yet though.

OP
S

Starbuckpga

Reaction score
Haha yeah I usually wipe it off before I start snapping. I'll check out the app, thanks guys.

jcardona1

Reaction score
If the camera is important, check out the Galaxy Nexus. Should be released any day now. Puts the iPhone 4S' camera speed to shame :)

[video=youtube;n0fN55W9erM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0fN55W9erM[/video]

OP
S

Starbuckpga

Reaction score
If the camera is important, check out the Galaxy Nexus. Should be released any day now. Puts the iPhone 4S' camera speed to shame :)

[video=youtube;n0fN55W9erM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0fN55W9erM[/video]

Pics look good, but speed not my concern. I'd rather have better pic quality than speed in my case. Also the Nexus is nowhere near the size and thinness of the Razr...lol.

jcardona1

Reaction score
Pics look good, but speed not my concern. I'd rather have better pic quality than speed in my case. Also the Nexus is nowhere near the size and thinness of the Razr...lol.

Better image quality with the Razr? Haha how so, with the more megapixels? Please don't tell you buy into that marketing myth. Motorola's cameras have and always will be garbage.

OP
S

Starbuckpga

Reaction score
Better image quality with the Razr? Haha how so, with the more megapixels? Please don't tell you buy into that marketing myth. Motorola's cameras have and always will be garbage.

No no...lol. Basically the video above shows the man thing of speed. Yes the pic quality is good. When it comes to speed vs quality, whether it being any camera, I'd rather have the quality before speed.

jcardona1

Reaction score
No no...lol. Basically the video above shows the man thing of speed. Yes the pic quality is good. When it comes to speed vs quality, whether it being any camera, I'd rather have the quality before speed.

Gotcha. But don't assume the Nexus camera is all speed and no bite. Check out how some samples images, and the 1080 HD video. There's plenty all over the web. This phone is going to be top dog in the camera department :)

Oaklands

Reaction score
Today was the first day that I really had a chance to use the camera without just taking random pictures. So without further adieu, I present the newest Droid member in my family. Logan James Thacher.
View attachment 42577

Good looking young man. Congrats on the new addition.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Thach

Reaction score
Thanks for the Congrats. I felt that need to share with everyone here because I am so proud and the fact that these forums and members are like a second family to me. I have so much respect for all that a part of this great community for teaching me all I know so far and showing me the way of the Droid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
congrats! first?

and it's nice to see a Moto camera where a dark/flashed photo isn't completely washed out...