HORRIBLE HORRIBLE Camera / Picture quality !!!

spydergirl

Reaction score
This is the only thing that really makes me miss my BBerry Tour. It took the most AWESOME pictures and impressed my friends and family far and wide. The quality of pictures on THIS thing is just HORRENDOUS !!!!!! I know I know I know... It is targeted mainly at business professionals who don't look at the camera as the most important feature. I am a business professional MYSELF and rely on my phone camera for fun AND business. I'm so disappointed in the HORRIBLE, embarrassing quality. :(

I'm sure this is a completely dumb question, but I don't suppose there are any apps out there to improve the picture quality and/or download a WHOLE NEW CAMERA for this darned thing?

Other than that, I LOVE my Pro and will just have to start carrying around my digital camera if I want to take decent pics. :(

Janet1025

Reaction score
I dont have any answers, but this was ONE of the MAIN reasons I returnd the DROID PRO, I had the phone for only 5 days, I took it with me to my 4 yr olds first karate graduation and the pictures were HORRIBLE, Grainy and poor quality, I was smart enough to bring my digital camera as back up.. I was shocked as my tour took much better pics....
Sigh of relief when I saw the pic quality on my Droid X...

GOOD LUCK!

flash24

Reaction score
It seems grainy after taking it, but when I post it on facebook, the pictures looks great.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

bwhite757

Reaction score
Outdoor pics seem good with the Pro, however indoor low-light pictures are a little grainey. I'm happy with it TBH. I will agree though, pictures don't look near as good on the phone as they do once they are transferred to the computer:

A couple of pics I've taken with the Pro:

droid_pro_1.jpg

droid_pro_2.jpg

droid_pro_3.jpg

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
This is the only thing that really makes me miss my BBerry Tour. It took the most AWESOME pictures and impressed my friends and family far and wide. The quality of pictures on THIS thing is just HORRENDOUS !!!!!! I know I know I know... It is targeted mainly at business professionals who don't look at the camera as the most important feature. I am a business professional MYSELF and rely on my phone camera for fun AND business. I'm so disappointed in the HORRIBLE, embarrassing quality. :(

I'm sure this is a completely dumb question, but I don't suppose there are any apps out there to improve the picture quality and/or download a WHOLE NEW CAMERA for this darned thing?

Other than that, I LOVE my Pro and will just have to start carrying around my digital camera if I want to take decent pics. :(

Ok, I know this sounds crazy and I don't mean to imply anything negative, but I have seen several threads of Pro owners complaining about poor picture quality. In several cases they had not removed the clear plastic protective cover over their camera's lens. I almost missed the one that was on mine when I first got it. If it hadn't been for the way I was holding the phone and the lighting conditions I would have missed it. The protective cover is separate from the cover that is attached to the back plate. It is very small...just big enough to cover the camera lens...hard to see if you're not looking for it. Have you removed yours:) My Pro takes great pictures.