Camera quality?

Sara77

Reaction score
I have heard and read so many complaints about the camera and I just don't get it! I have a 3 year old and 2 year old and catch perfect pictures instantaneously! Where in the world is the lag and poor quality people are talking about? Coming from the thunderbolt, which had a decent camera but was not at all of this quality - I'm pretty darn impressed! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are camera phones that take better pictures BUT the pictures on the Gnex aint half bad. :happy3:

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I love the zero shutter lag feature, but there are some instances that I get blurry or less than great quality photos.

OP
S

Sara77

Reaction score
Reviews on camera quality is one of the main reasons I almost didn't get this phone and almost made the thunderbolt to iPhone switch (eek!). I LOVE android and am so glad I didn't listen to reviews. :)

OP
S

Sara77

Reaction score
I did get a couple of blurry pics but being able to retake it and not wait forever like I did with my thunderbolt makes it tolerable and I don't feel like I miss a thing.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
The camera is the one downfall of this phone. Good lighting and it takes amazing pictures. Bad lighting and the pictures turn to crap. I wish the low light sensor was better. Overall, I think it's a decent camera, you just need to know how to manipulate it to get the picture you want.

Syraz

Reaction score
A lot better then my D2 and DX2 cameras, but then again I am a photographer on the side so that play a part...

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I have heard and read so many complaints about the camera and I just don't get it! I have a 3 year old and 2 year old and catch perfect pictures instantaneously! Where in the world is the lag and poor quality people are talking about? Coming from the thunderbolt, which had a decent camera but was not at all of this quality - I'm pretty darn impressed! :)
It just depends on how picky you are about quality. If you are not anal about image quality, yes, the Galaxy nexus camera is fine and the fast shutter speed is a big bonus.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It just depends on how picky you are about quality. If you are not anal about image quality, yes, the Galaxy nexus camera is fine and the fast shutter speed is a big bonus.
+1.

This camera exceeds my expectations. Outdoors it's an amazing camera, indoors is where it struggles a bit compared to other cameras. I recently compared it to the Rezound I was fixing and the Rezound camera just blows it out the water for indoor pics, along with any other camera phone I've seen. The Nexus camera is no slouch, but it indeed could have been better. The no shutterlag is a huge bonus for me so I'll take that over quality.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
None of the current cameras are awful. I use the Droid 1 as a reference (it had a fantastic camera for it's time)...all of the cameras I have seen are as good or better than the Droid1.

For me the main thing I wanted was good low light quality. That was something I really hated about the Droid 1...it took great pictures, but only in daylight conditions. In lower light the quality dropped real quick.

turdbogls

Reaction score
yeah, the nexus isn't bad at all, however, its not the best by a long shot. as long as you arent expecting photo quality prints from this camera and you are just using it to snap a quick pic and post to twitter/facebook or whatever, you will be happy.

also, the included photo editing SW is really nice and can make an otherwise "soft" image pretty good.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
yeah, the nexus isn't bad at all, however, its not the best by a long shot. as long as you arent expecting photo quality prints from this camera and you are just using it to snap a quick pic and post to twitter/facebook or whatever, you will be happy.

also, the included photo editing SW is really nice and can make an otherwise "soft" image pretty good.

Agreed the editing tools are awesome.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Agreed the editing tools are awesome.

Yea...sharpening after the fact helps ALOT. But the camera is still pretty sad. The zero lag shutter is a joke. If it takes the pic right away. I know it's not in focus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i can live with camera on nexus, but i'd rather take my time and get one good shot then a bunch of mediocre ones. i think my old thunderbolt was taking better pics then nexus and my wife's razr maxx takes pretty good pics also.