What camera problem?

pushdrops

Reaction score
But, apples-apples wise, they are very good relative to my previous Android phones, the Incredible, OGD and Bionic.

But those phones all have weak cameras - compared to the Rezound, Galaxy SII , etc.. (newer phones).

I'll agree that the GNex' camera is up with the original Droid, Bionic (which indoors took horrible pictures, i had one for a week) . But for a top of the line, brand new phone - it's camera should be above those older phones...

Anyway, I went again to a VZW store today - took quite a few pics using the GNex, Rezound and even the Razr.

Because of the non replaceable batter and the fact that I thought that the Razr's camera is the same as that of the Bionic - the Razr I didn't look at, at all but my wife likes it, so we took pics in the store today with it and they were actually pretty nice - much better than the Bionic (for indoor lighting). At least on the Razr's display the pics looked very good - even a little better than the Rezound and much better than the GNex (same story every visiit on the GNex, though w/o the flash and scene set to florescent it does best in the store).

I also brought again our trust Galaxy SII which isn't activated (or else I wouldn't need a new phone) - it did very well within the store. Now all of these samples were only viewable on the device's screen itself for playback - so no telling how the definitely really came out (viewed on a larger screen such as a PC or HDTV) - but in all cases the GNex pix were just fuzzy. If the Razr has the same camera as the Bionic, they must have changed the image processing process - as the indoor , lower lighting pics were much better.

With the current return policy set to mid January - because my wife really likes the Razr (I don't want her to get it as we can't carry around a spare battery) , we'll get that for her and though the speaker is very weak (even with Volume + activated which for all to know FYI you must activate it not only within the app but within Settings, Sound - as well, all this did was increase distortion, the speaker which i think is a physical limitation , sounds weak - thin) -

will get her the RaZr , myself the GNex, see if I can live with the camera (perhaps take decent shots as some have claimed)and speaker , if not return it in mid January for a Rezound or Razr, then in the Spring sell it and pay (which I hate to do for the 1st time ever) full price for the next phone that can (to me) compare to the Galaxy S2 (that Verizon gets).

2011 was a rough year for VZW - while all other carriers received a great device in the form of the Galaxy S2!

Good luck to all taking photos with the GNex. I can see taking tons of shots with the GNex if i get it tomorrow or the next day and comparing to the Razr if my wife gets that when I get the GNex. Crossing fingers the GNex I will like as much or even near as much as the GS II, please, please, please as this is driving me crazy :)

pushdrops

Reaction score
. I need to do a side by side comparison with my OG Droid but I dont want to have to hook it up via USB to transfer the pictures now that I can't email myself the pics! (I'm lazy!)
Hi , You can easily use Drop Box and send pics from your Droid to any other device (use DropBox with your original Droid via WiFi if it's not activated anymore). That's how I move files around on a GS II that we have that's not activated (WiFi only).

prkrastn8

Reaction score
I took this picture of my parents backyard using the nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

kimintenn

Reaction score
Went to a Verizon store today to check out the other phones... I think I've decided I can't give up my Nexus, even with its crappy camera. The Rezound just seemed so "cheap" compared to the Nexus! I really couldn't believe the difference. I've only had this phone for a few days now, but I think I'm hooked. With that being said, I did love how the Rezound would focus (and turn the box green) without having to click on the screen. I think clicking on the screen and then on the camera button is creating extra movement which leads to poor picture quality. I'm guessing that is something that can be fixed with a software upgrade etc?

More of his killer pit bull. They look pretty good to me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Cute dog! :) Are his eyes usually like that in the second picture or is it the camera? My camera does this same thing to my kids eyes... I'm guessing it can be fixed with editing though.

bemenaker

Reaction score
While it's a camera on a phone, so I don't have much expectation for the quality, (it's the size of the sensor and the lenses stupid), I think the GNEX is a little lacking for what it should be. Saying that, I am betting it is fixable in software. I'm expecting that the 4.03 update will clear it up some.

kimintenn

Reaction score
While it's a camera on a phone, so I don't have much expectation for the quality, (it's the size of the sensor and the lenses stupid), I think the GNEX is a little lacking for what it should be. Saying that, I am betting it is fixable in software. I'm expecting that the 4.03 update will clear it up some.
This would make me VERY happy if it was an easy fix with software. I hope you're right and that we see it soon!

phillyphill39

Reaction score
Its from the camera. My uncle was surprised he let me put the little hood on.

kdroyd

Reaction score
I haven't had a problem with the camera and am stoked with how well the panorama works. So much better than the og.

Yes its a phone first, and it has a camera!

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Went to a Verizon store today to check out the other phones... I think I've decided I can't give up my Nexus, even with its crappy camera. The Rezound just seemed so "cheap" compared to the Nexus! I really couldn't believe the difference. I've only had this phone for a few days now, but I think I'm hooked. With that being said, I did love how the Rezound would focus (and turn the box green) without having to click on the screen. I think clicking on the screen and then on the camera button is creating extra movement which leads to poor picture quality. I'm guessing that is something that can be fixed with a software upgrade
Wow I think that's the first time i have seen call an HTC phone cheap feeling.. especially given that's normally the stigma given to Samsung phones. But I will admit the nexus is a great feeling phone and after having HTC for awhile and being used to sense it didn't feel "new" to me and the nexus with ICS fits that bill perfectly crappy indoor camera and all. :)

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
So HTC and Apple have good cameras. The blueprint is out there so why cant every company nail a good camera?? Maybe on the next round of phones!

jcardona1

Reaction score
So HTC and Apple have good cameras. The blueprint is out there so why cant every company nail a good camera?? Maybe on the next round of phones!

That's what really bothers me about this camera issue. It's not like this is some brand new technology here. Cameras in cell phones have been around for YEARS. Comparable phones have much better cameras. Heck, even Samsung's own GSII has a much better camera, and how long has that thing been out?

It almost seems as if they did it on purpose, so that not only one carrier has the 'best' device. AT&T gets the GSII that's bloated with an old OS and a great camera, Verizon gets the Nexus, unlocked, new OS, horrid camera.

phillyphill39

Reaction score
To me my pics look the same as my iPhone 4s. But even if it is slightly bad I'm sure there are apps to tweak them.