Droid razr vs droid bionic

reload1972

Reaction score
I ordered the droid bionic about 2 weeks ago I got it on a friday sent it back on a monday that's how horrible it was I have the thunderbolt with extended battery you cannot kill that battery .but anyway does anybody think I should take a chance on getting the razr ? or should I wait for a new htc phone to come out advice please .

HTC thunderbolt 2.3.4

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I ordered the droid bionic about 2 weeks ago I got it on a friday sent it back on a monday that's how horrible it was I have the thunderbolt with extended battery you cannot kill that battery .but anyway does anybody think I should take a chance on getting the razr ? or should I wait for a new htc phone to come out advice please .

HTC thunderbolt 2.3.4

If you love your Thunderbolt and love how HTC's phones work with Sense and all that, the Razr won't be much better (if at all) for you than the Bionic was. It has some slightly better specs and a better screen, but will still have Moto's UI on it.

corby

Reaction score
The new HTC sensation xl gonna have a 4.7 inch screen that will be nice plus it will have 1.5 ghz processor

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
reload1972

reload1972

Reaction score
The new HTC sensation xl gonna have a 4.7 inch screen that will be nice plus it will have 1.5 ghz processor

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Big screen sounds awesome !!

HTC thunderbolt 2.3.4

OP
reload1972

reload1972

Reaction score
it's weird now I have to 2.3.4 update the phones working very good I want something else does that make any sense I guess I'm just trying to keep up lol!!

HTC thunderbolt 2.3.4

OP
reload1972

reload1972

Reaction score
speak your mind I'm just curious what you have to say !!

HTC thunderbolt 2.3.4

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
The Bionic is a great device.
If you didnt like the Bionic you probably wont like the RAZR, it's essentially the same device in a different package. The hardware is identical except the screen which has not yet been seen out in the wild and the CPU is the exact same just clocked very slightly higher, which wont make any noticeable difference.

Deron

Reaction score

HTC thunderbolt 2.3.4

Was it the battery life of the Bionic that you hated, or something else?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
reload1972

reload1972

Reaction score
it was the battery and the screen was checkerboard real bad the phone itself was real nice .but overall the battery was horrible

HTC thunderbolt 2.3.4

corby

Reaction score
it's weird now I have to 2.3.4 update the phones working very good I want something else does that make any sense I guess I'm just trying to keep up lol!!

HTC thunderbolt 2.3.4

No I feel ya my thunderbolt has never had any issues that people are complaining about on here an soon as I seen that sensation xl I been thinking about selling mine to get it just so I not walk-in around with a dinosaur compared to what will be out soon

electric6

Reaction score
I currently have the bionic. I was pis*ed as all madness when I saw the razr announcement. So I pulled out my mastercard and said "this is going to hurt me more than its going to hurt you!" and preordered the RAZR. I am very excited, and I think they should have just cancelled the bionic and released the razr instead. I mean I do love my extended battery and all, but the RAZR is what the bionic should have been. I have gazelle sending my my box on one hand, and vzw sending my razr later next week on the other, so its all good.

If making and recieving calls is the most important factor to you, then I would pick the razr. moto is known for thei radio patents. Their devices have the best recpetion in the industry, and they are the best at being the actual phone which is the primary reason most people buy them in the first place. I had a thunderbolt. I HATED that phone. I will never purchase another product from that company. Their phones have been proven by me and many others to be inferior in reception, call quality, and signal retention. They are more unreliable, buggy, and seriously not worth the pain and suffering one goes through to "fix" them with rooting/roming/hacking just to get to work as good as competing divices.

I strongly suggest against getting another HTC device if you care about the phone part. Also if updates, support, and reliability are important to you then stay away from them.

I realize all this sounds baised but I was one of the guys who was hankering for the blunderbolt back when it was just a baby rumor in september of last year! I was EAGER to get that phone!

My bionic is far superior in the reception department to my coworkers HTC devices. We are all on verizon. My friends(both att and verizon) whom own HTC devices get inferior recpetion to other devices. It is NOT just how the phone displays signal strenth(as in the number of bars), it is the radios, patents, and how the phone talks to the tower.

Just forwarning you mate!

good luck...

coovee

Reaction score
im getting a razor in hopes the screen is not like bionic's