data usage

sk102704

Reaction score
I would definitely get onto the unlimited data plan now even of it means buying a Droid on eBay. 2gb isn't that much especially with 4g capabilities. Your data usage is likely to increase over time anyways with more and more uses for smartphones develop. The cost of the phone would be dwarfed if you had a few months of heavy data usage.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

xXGH05TXx

Reaction score
Yeah ur best bet is just take advantage of the unlimited data while its still there.

Sent from RubiX Focused DX 2.0

mjones73

Reaction score
Damnit Verizon! At least give us a chance to get a Bionic, you're letting all the other 4G phones be grandfathered in!

mjones73

Reaction score
You can view your usage on your account via their website also. I average 4-5GB a month, streaming mostly, I'm screwed if I want a new phone after this changes. If I can't get a Bionic it's either settle for a 3G phone or it's off to Sprint before they pull this crap also.

xXGH05TXx

Reaction score
I don't have a droid phone yet, my question was more of what do you guys do and how much data do you use? Sorry for the confusion.

Verizon has a 14 day trial period for phones get a freebee phone like a day or two before the new data plans kick in that way ur locked in before turn over. When the bionic comes out return the phone tell Verizon it was crap and pay for ur new bionic.

mjones73

Reaction score
I spoke too soon, didn't see they were grandfathering in existing customers... I guess I'm still good. :)

sk102704

Reaction score
If what's being reported is true, than if you already have a smartphone on an unlimited data plan with Verizon you can upgrade even after July 7th and keep your unlimited data.
If that's true you should be able to get the Bionic and not have to watch your usage like a hawk.

IAm

Reaction score
I don't have a droid phone yet, my question was more of what do you guys do and how much data do you use? Sorry for the confusion.

Verizon has a 14 day trial period for phones get a freebee phone like a day or two before the new data plans kick in that way ur locked in before turn over. When the bionic comes out return the phone tell Verizon it was crap and pay for ur new bionic.

+1+1+1

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

IAm

Reaction score
If what's being reported is true, than if you already have a smartphone on an unlimited data plan with Verizon you can upgrade even after July 7th and keep your unlimited data.
If that's true you should be able to get the Bionic and not have to watch your usage like a hawk.

Really curious about where u read that! That's awesome if true. I know I read that we would be able to continue for the remainder of our contract but I haven't heard anything about being able to renew it with the same rates.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I emailed Verizon for some clarification on 3G/4G data, like what would happen if you activated an old 3G phone after activating a 4G, and if you really need a 4G phone to get grandfathered into unlimited 4G- its my understanding that data is data, no 3G data or 4G data so.....

And 54mbps is your connection to the wifi router,not the internet itself. Speedtest.net for that.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

sk102704

Reaction score
I read it on Droidlife.com. I really hope Its true!

T_Virus

Reaction score
It better be true because I use about 6gb on my wife's droid incredible. She goes to youtube and watches movies but I'm on her phone playing games.

jwchambers

Reaction score
I just changed from an iphone4 to the droid rzr. I used the app called easy phone tunes to put my iTunes music on here. What is the bwst way to play the music that will show me my playlists and also am i using data when i play my music?

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Not using data if the music is on your phone. But you MIGHT be if you use Motocast. Not sure. But I use easy phone tunes and it doesn't use data. And far as a music player, poweramp is amazing.