Data issues

bassJAM

Reaction score
Every now and then I'll lose my data connection. I don't think it's the the same issue as in "Problems with 3G data" thread.

I can take my phone out of my pocket and it'll show either "3G" or "4G' on the top depending on what area I'm in and I've got good signal strength, but if I try to get online it tells me there's a network error after searching for the page for awhile. The same thing happens if I'm at home and connected to my house wireless network. It shows that I'm connected but if I try to do anything that requires data it'll eventually just time out, like there's no signal. A hard reset seems to fix the problem, but I don't like having to do that every few days.

Bearslayer

Reaction score
Same deal here....

I get the same deal out of my TBolt. Once in a while when it comes out of sleep/standby, I cannot use the net, etc and this is with a strong 3G and or wireless connection available to it.

Instead of a reset try to put the phone into airplane mode and then back out, I've found this to get the data moving again instead of the lengthy reset time.

I'm unsure if this is TBolt issue or an android issue as I used to get this on occasion on my OG Droid and doing the same thing above fixed the issue.

If there is anyone out there that has an idea on why this happens I'd appreciate the help. :)

lockman

Reaction score
I've had this issue with all 3 of my bolts. Nothing that I'm really worried about, it's just annoying.
It's got to be the phone, I don't recall this with any of my previous devices. I'll have to try airplane mode if it happens again.

Sent from my brain using my fingers.

motoconvert

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Airplane mode does work, its just annoying. Have called tech and talked to my vzw rep and they have no idea...I've tried everything but its no help...I think its the network...on well, love the phne anyway...

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Bearslayer

Reaction score
Ya no telling what the deal is. Like I said, I did notice it on my original Droid as well, though the Bolt seems to do it more often. Maybe its a Verizon or android deal....

OP
bassJAM

bassJAM

Reaction score
Thanks for the airplane mode tip, I'll give that a try to speed things up. Still annoying though.

bhall238

Reaction score
I think it's either a Tbolt or 4G problem. It seems to be happening a lot tonight but never remember that on the OG Droid happening even once. Screen said 4G but when I couldn't connect (Market or Internet) I went to the settings page and it said connection failed. Go back to the home screen and it still said 4G. I don't see how they can start charging more for 4G till they get all the bugs worked out. And I should mention this is in New Orleans, a supposedly 4G market. Right now I'm looking at the screen say 3G. Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but it's sort of related....

Bearslayer

Reaction score
There is a little app on the market called "reset connections" that u simply click and it resets 3/4G and or WiFi. A short time later data should be moving again.

OP
bassJAM

bassJAM

Reaction score
Hmm, couldn't find the "Reset connections" app, and my problem seems to be getting worse. Maybe it's cause I'm working in an area where I have 4G constantly during the day now but I'm having to reset my phone almost once a day now.

bernardino5

Reaction score
Have u tried using the mobile widget seems to work better than airplane mode turn off then on set it as a shortcut, I try using airplane mode but is worse think theres an issue with airplanemode.

thunderbolt

Bearslayer

Reaction score
Hmm, couldn't find the "Reset connections" app, and my problem seems to be getting worse. Maybe it's cause I'm working in an area where I have 4G constantly during the day now but I'm having to reset my phone almost once a day now.

Whoops that little app is called "restart connections"....

Oh and since rooting and loading up a new Rom I hardly ever get the issue anymore.

OP
bassJAM

bassJAM

Reaction score
That's good to know about rooting. I haven't tried that yet, but I plan on it soon.