losing data connection

gmoskash

Reaction score
Grab some popcorn cause this is going to be a long post :( I'm on my 4th Thunderbolt; not real happy about this....

First one would not update the android software, so vzw sent a replacement after 2 factory resets and 2 hours on the phone with customer service; 2nd one would not hold 4g coverage, kept dropping to 3g over and over, tried updating, tried resetting to no avail, 3rd one totally my fault, slammed my phone on the counter and ruined the display, got one from asurion, this one I dropped in water, immediately took it out, dried it, used the blow dryer on low, cool for 15 mins and let it sit overnight, did the blow dryer thing again and it works just fine except I'm losing data signal all the time; it was having the 4g to 3g issue as well before being dropped in water but now it's gotten much worse; would the water cause the data connection to get worse?. Asurion is sending me a new phone but, can they tell, all my stickers are white and is this a known issue with the thunderbolt, it dropping data signals and switching from 4g to 3g to 1x sometimes?

If so can anyone recommend a different Android device for when I upgrade, the Galaxy S3 looks promise and it's possible I'll make the switch to iPhone but I just don't know...

programmer112

Reaction score
i have also had this data issue with my phone dropping data all the time! switched from 4g to 3g to 1x to no data ALL the TIME. like 50 times throughout the day. not to mention my 4g DIDNT EVEN WORK. verizon gave me a new sim card and that did not solve the issue so they sent me a new one and now it works just fine. my guess is that you got water damage on your internal antenna and it caused worse problems for an already existing issue. hope your replacement works better! MINE DOES! :)