No data on LTE network only. please help!

mustangz5

Reaction score
Hello all. Tuesday, my data connection suddenly dropped on my thunderbolt. Thinking it was a network issue, I left it for morning, but still no luck!

When I go to settings /about/network, it shows I am on the LTE network, but I have no 4g/data connection.

Reading other forums, I found the ##778 menu option, where it says to change the modem settings Rev.A to enable. I restarted the phone and saw 3g pop up for a moment, but once it connected to LTE again, the data was gone.

I have played around with a number of modem settings, and 3/4g switch items, but nothing has been able to get me better than a 3g connection. Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this or what could be wrong?

As an additional piece of info, I am rooted, and reflashed my room with a full wipe, and had no luck with that either.

Thank you!

programmer112

Reaction score
I had this same issue on my phone a couple of days ago. i ended up having to get a replacement from verizon because it was a hardware issue. you could always take the phone into verizon and tell them that you aren't getting any 4g data and they will give you a new sim card (thats what they did for me) but it did not resolve the issue in my case so they got me a certified replacement now i have working 4g again!

please note that if you do take it into verizon that you will have to unroot the phone as they may check to see if you are rooted.

rbw62

Reaction score
Sometimes Vzw is upgrading towers, that will mess you up. Also the Tbolt had bad radio software, ck your build #.

scrap4u

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen yesterday. I was about an hour from home--turned on my phone, when I unlocked it--got a message from wave secure that my phone had been stolen and locked and I need to enter my password. I thought that was strange since the phone was in my hand but I entered my password. I then received a message that an unknown SIM card was in my phone and did I want to mark it as a safe card. I said yes and since then I haven't had 3G or 4 G service. 1X or nothing. And my husband received a text message from wave secure saying my phone might have been stolen because a new SIM card had been put in it and to verify with me if the phones was stolen.

I figured I'd go to Verizon tonight or tomorrow to see what the heck was wrong with the phone and if I could get a new SIM card. What the heck is going on??