DarkSlide V4.2 PLEASE READ!!! Need-to-know's and how to's

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
This thread will contain just what the title reads. It will have instruction's, walk through's and tutorials. Most of what you see has been put together by NattyBee, who has helped so many get their ROM working the way a ROM should work. I beg of you to PLEASE READ the notes provided below before making new threads. I can assure you, because I know from experience, if the initial install of the ROM is done correctly few bug will arise.

DarkSlide v4.2 Official Thread>>> http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-roms/6155-rom-darkslide-v4-2-a.html

Clear Lock Slider in your Add-on's folder:

NattyBee has had to address this many time because the name on the DS Clear Lock Slider is named differently.
-The name of the Clear Lock Slider for Blurless reads like this>>> DarkSlide_Update_V4.2_CLS.zip
-And the name for the Clear Lock Slider for Blur reads as >>> DarkSlideBlur_Update_V4.2_CLS.zip

Gmail not syncing or not receiving notification's: (not a DS issue, but here's how to fix it)

-Go to setting's
-Select Application's
-Select Manage Applications
-Select the "All" tab
-Scroll down to Gmail
-Clear data and cache

Navigation:

If your having Navigation problems try the following :
-Close navigation.
-Open maps, let it find your position.
-Once it does, back out of maps
-Open navigation and see if it works...

Last edited:

NattyBee

Reaction score
**IMPORTANT** System Version...

OK...if you are already running DarkSlide V4.2, disregard this post.
**If you are coming from DarkSlide 3.2.1, you will need to update your system prior to installing the DarkSlide 4.2 update.**

If you are coming to DarkSlide 4.2 from another rom, please check your system version BEFORE installing DarkSlide. To do so, go into Settings and select About Phone. check what it says under System Version. if it is NOT either 2.3.32 or 2.3.34, you must update your system prior to installing DarkSlide 4.2 update.

**If you are not on system version 2.3.32 or 2.3.34 prior to install you will experience media issues. for example: your Youtube/other videos will not play, your Pandora/other music will not play, your camera will not function properly, etc.

if you need assistance updating your system, feel free to PM me, and I will send you a guide to get you up to date ;)

Last edited:

jgmarz

Reaction score
4.2 Blurless

I've d/l the 4.2 full rom or what I thought was. When I open the add ons folder I don't have the option for clear lockslider. I read that it should be in the most recent 4.2 blurless update. Does anyone have the correct link?

NattyBee

Reaction score
I've d/l the 4.2 full rom or what I thought was. When I open the add ons folder I don't have the option for clear lockslider. I read that it should be in the most recent 4.2 blurless update. Does anyone have the correct link?

if you installed the full 4.2 rom from the official DarkSlide 4.2 thread at MyDroidWorld, you have the clear lock sliders...but the filename is a bit cryptic ;)

for blur it will be DarkSlideBlur_Update_V4.2_CLS.zip
for Blurless it will be DarkSlide_Update_V4.2_CLS.zip

:)

OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

if you installed the full 4.2 rom from the official DarkSlide 4.2 thread at MyDroidWorld, you have the clear lock sliders...but the filename is a bit cryptic ;)

for blur it will be DarkSlideBlur_Update_V4.2_CLS.zip
for Blurless it will be DarkSlide_Update_V4.2_CLS.zip

:)

I added this to OP in BOLD if you don't mind ;)

JWellington

Reaction score
I know, but I don't like the battery gauge; I prefer The Gingerbread one; The alarm icon is too imposing too. I'd like the notification bar icons to be just a little simpler; everything else I love though.

KhrizG35

Reaction score
so far ive only gotten 2 random reboots is that normal???? any help? i followed the instructions on how to install it but the first time it kept rebooting every 3 hours and now so far its only been one reboot yesterday and today in the morning

gmenfan83

Reaction score
so far ive only gotten 2 random reboots is that normal???? any help? i followed the instructions on how to install it but the first time it kept rebooting every 3 hours and now so far its only been one reboot yesterday and today in the morning
this is not normal for this rom,,,,are you trying to overclock?

OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

No this is not normal. There were a few cases of reboots when plugging in USB to PC. But this was before the 4.2 Darkslide update. And was actually caused from the last worthless Verizon 2.3.340 update, not from DS. I have yet to see a random reboot post till now.

Would you consider a fresh install? And what are you on, blur or blurless?

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

KhrizG35

Reaction score
I'm only under clocking but I don't knoe what's going on:( I really don't want 2 switch roms :( it just rebooted a few minutes ago second time today

OP
chkmate

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm only under clocking but I don't knoe what's going on:( I really don't want 2 switch roms :( it just rebooted a few minutes ago second time today

No need to switch ROMs. But what version are you running, blur or blurless? And did you mount system before wiping it?

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\