D3 performance vs OC D1

thinkmega

Reaction score
Hello all D3 users, I am two weeks away from being able to upgrade and I am thinking D3. Right now I have a overclocked D1 running at 1G. Can you please share your D3 experiences here? Is the difference substantial (or unnoticeable)? Any feedback would be good.

Thanks in advance.

apl3

Reaction score
IMHO the D1 is not even close. I had an overclocked OG D1. The D#3 display is better, the memory is better. The D3 is much better get it.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you think a rooted overclocked D1 is even remotely close to a stock D3 performance wise you are in for a treat!

D3 is much better in all regards.

Sent from my rooted, ROM'd, and Safestrapped XT862

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I certainly wouldn't use an upgrade on the Droid 3 at this point. Its successor, the Droid 4, as well as the Galaxy Nexus are "rumored" to be out in the next two weeks. If you want a droid 3, I would get one off of craigslist or ebay (off contract). Just my opinion.

OP
T

thinkmega

Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't use an upgrade on the Droid 3 at this point. Its successor, the Droid 4, as well as the Galaxy Nexus are "rumored" to be out in the next two weeks. If you want a droid 3, I would get one off of craigslist or ebay (off contract). Just my opinion.

Thank you.

Speaking of D4, what do you think the biggest advantage with regard to D3? Is the 1G RAM or 4G capability?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1GB RAM. LTE is in Beta IMO and will destroy your battery very quickly.

Baconstrip

Reaction score
wait for the D4.... but trust me... the D3 is lightyears faster than my old D1 overclocked. you wont believe how great the difference is :)

javipoo

Reaction score
we keep all of our old phones in a tin.
I have to echo everyone elses response;
D1, as much as I love it!, does not come close to a Stock D3. You'll love the keyboard on a D3.
I must echo once again; Buy the D3 off contract. You'll thank yourself in the long run.
Check out the Nexus, check out the D4. You get two weeks to try 'em out before sending them back in.
you got options and you got time. Let us know what you decided on!