D2 or Blackberry Bold???

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Android > BB all day. No contest. And I've seen and used everything. Windows mobile, Palm Treo's, Blackberry 850/950/Curve/Flip/Storm....
BB Torch is the only BB worth a crap and it is only on ATT. There is a reason BB is fading fast from the marketplace, among many reasons but not bringing one new phone to VZW in about a year now and still no announcement on plans to do so???? Dumb move RIM. Dumb....
O but wait... they are going to launch a rtablet in a day or two. A tablet, but not a phone? Who is running the ship at RIM?

Abandon that ship while you can still get to the life raft....

Last edited:

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I came from a BB curve 8330, and my wife just got rid of her BB Bold 9000 something, to me its a no brainer. Go with the D2. The BB's are slow, they have to be rebooted sometimes because of memory issues, the browsers are crappy, there are not as many apps. The only thing I miss about the BB is the way the messaging put all texts and emails in the same place easily. Blur will let you do that with the universal inbox, but not as well. I have now gotten used to the seperate email and texts, and its ok. I would definantly suggest the D2 over the BB. Although, if you are going to go with the android os, and you might eventually do any rooting etc, go with an htc device or something. There are plenty of devices that will kick the D2 now. I bought mine brand new last august, its already reached its end of life, but thats fine, it still works better than my wife's current iphone 3g :)

Josefius

Reaction score
I had a Blackberry Curve for a year and a half. When it fell into the recliner mechanism and was damaged, I had a choice of paying $50 to the insurance company for a rebuilt phone, or pay $300 for a Droid X, which a friend of mine has.

Long story short, I've had the X for two weeks now, and cannot ever imagine going back to the Blackberry! The X is light-years ahead of the Blackberry!

I had a Curve as well, good phone. But definitely dated as Hookbill says.

Android has pretty much revolutionized the handset industry, and with good reason.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
To be fair, Jose, the iPhone revolutionized the industry.
The Android just perfected it. ;)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Android > BB all day. No contest.
It's a completely subjective matter. The world has never been one-size-fits-all no matter how much any fanboy (from any camp) tries to say otherwise.

The only thing I miss about the BB is the way the messaging put all texts and emails in the same place easily.
I miss fully centralized alerts but it's not worth switching to a BB IMO to get them.

The Android just perfected it. ;)
There's much more to go to reach perfection unless you have low expectations. It's still very early on in the smartphone game. There's much more to come.

Last edited: