D2 + Body glove + Fat fingers = unappy purchaser

belome

Reaction score
So, I bought a body glove online. Snapped it on, thought everything was great. I've been using the VKB and swype so I didn't think anything of it. Then I was trying to text and drive and decide to slide out the keyboard. BAMM. What a dissapointment. With my fat thumbs the body glove is totally in the way of the top row.

How could this pass muster and be produced with such a clear flaw in design? Am I the only one that thinks it stinks?

I'm thinking about doing so redneck engineering and cutting it down.

Reaction score
i had the same problem on my d1 and it was annoying but i dealt with it. But once the top broke i never replaced it for that reason

ibevsop

Reaction score
peep

Sorry to hear about the troubles. Ditch the glove, and get your money back if u can. I got a hard gel type snap on case verizon sells for$ 20. The top row of keys is in the clear and, the material feels like it will absorb impact nicely. Im only into my second week with this setup, but would honestly purchase this same case again if i ever need or want to replace it.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The case was built that way to prevent texting and driving. :D

slowtype

Reaction score
I have the verizon snap gel type and had to remove it for the same reasons as the op. I could barely get to the top row of my keys with my manly thumbs.

oz0ne

Reaction score
I too have the gel type from Verizon. I enjoy the overall feel and construction of the case, but it gets in the way of my gnarly thumbs too. I did have the clear one first, but it scratched the piss out of the back of the sliding portion when I slid open the keyboard from how it attaches. Just my 2₵.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

^this.... :rofl3:
Really... you have swype (i.e. a ONE-HANDED interface) and you decide to use the physical keyboard (i.e. a TWO-HANDED interface)... meaning you must now take both hands off the wheel.... Please do so on a back road so you kill no-one else with your stupidity...

eric.c.alaniz

Reaction score
I had the same case and same problem with my D1 before they replaced it with a D2, and my thumbs aren't even that fat. I'd say ditch the case. I'll be getting a Zagg skin and screen protector soon, I'll let you know how I like that.

P.S.
Hilarious. But for real, only retards text and drive anymore. Save that s**t for your destination.

OP
B

belome

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I'll make sure to wear my tard helmet while I drive.

rokhound21

Reaction score
I have the same case I just deal w it since the body Gloves do such a good job of doing what they were meant to do & thats protect the phone from damage !

OP
B

belome

Reaction score
Have you thought about doing some trimming to make the keys easier to access?