[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (8/19)

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So I noticed both ShadowICS and EncounterICS seemed kind of abandoned and thought I would pick up CM9 DX builds also since I'm doing the D2G builds so without further ado.....

CyanogenMod 9 for DX

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if your phone randomly bursts into flames, starts howling like a wookie, or does anything else weird.

Screenshot_2012-04-03-11-13-57.png
Screenshot_2012-04-03-11-14-17.png
What works/doesn't work:
I have no idea what does not work at this point. Most everything does work though. If you need to know what doesn't then look through the last few pages of this thread or this thread.

READ THE THREAD BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS. CHANCES ARE IT HAS ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED.
Downloads
Builds are spread out over several different locations and the one here may not always be the latest.

http://synibox.info/synik4l/x13thangelx/DX/CM9-DX-08192012.zip
md5sum: 9e37927668cbc31d974bbef25aa24f73

Gapps:
http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ (use latest ICS if using these)

Other builds (builds before 2/17 r4 do not boot):
[D2/D2G/DX] CM9 Build Thread - may have newer builds or may not. Will often have the same build as above
Index of /cm9dx (5/12-7/16)
http://synibox.info/...x13thangelx/DX/ (Only up to 4/24 and after 8/4)

Credits:
Entire CyanogenMod team
Bikedude880 - Base d2g repo that much of this is based off of
Hashcode - frameworks and several other things
JackpotClavin - First got data on the Droid Pro which got me to start work on this.
CyanogenDefy team
Jonman409

Install instructions:
Boot into CWM recovery
wipe data/factory reset
Flash CM9-DX-<date>.zip
Flash Gapps
Reboot

There will be no changelog anymore. This is mostly because there are very minor changes between builds now. If you want one then look at the github commit logs.

Source: https://github.com/CM9-D2G (source for DX/D2/D2G/ and DPro)

Last edited:

James_W

Reaction score
Awesome! Downloading it right now. I'll let you know what I find.

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Need confirmation on Bluetooth and CDMA radio still, everything else is confirmed to work

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thank you for this 13th... some good clean cm9 goodness... finally....
installed booted... got gapps... flashed... up and running... if i run into something... i'll let ya know...

post script: don't know for blue tooth as i haven't used it in years...
but 3g works great... sent a few i.m.s and downloaded some stuff from the market... just fine...

Last edited:

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
I'll let you know asap. MD5 checks out ok. Dolphin Browser crapped out on me while dl'ing GApps. Doing Nandroid as I type this. Will be up and running in a few.

Thanks in advance for your development.

pjd17011

Reaction score
enable sw buttons

I have just installed and everything is great. However a few days ago I dropped my phone and all 4 physical buttons on the bottom have stopped working. Everything else works except for that. The phone is out of warranty and I can't upgrade until April. Is there a way I can enable the SW buttons with ICS? That would really save the day for me and allow me to hold over until I can updgrade.

Thanks again for the awesome ICS Port and Love for the DX!!!!!

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have just installed and everything is great. However a few days ago I dropped my phone and all 4 physical buttons on the bottom have stopped working. Everything else works except for that. The phone is out of warranty and I can't upgrade until April. Is there a way I can enable the SW buttons with ICS? That would really save the day for me and allow me to hold over until I can updgrade.

Thanks again for the awesome ICS Port and Love for the DX!!!!!

you can grab an app like zmooth or button saviour from the market.... and that wont mess with the screen size...

lowvolt

Reaction score
The gapps link doesn't want to work for me. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Everything looks great so far.. just one problem thats really annoying right now.
Trying to setup widgets and when I flip through the pages I get "Unfortunately, Trebuchet has stopped." - the launcher crashes and I cannot get to certain widgets such as Sportstap.

Any suggestions?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Everything looks great so far.. just one problem thats really annoying right now.
Trying to setup widgets and when I flip through the pages I get "Unfortunately, Trebuchet has stopped." - the launcher crashes and I cannot get to certain widgets such as Sportstap.

Any suggestions?

Does Nova Launcher work for this? Give it a try.