Cyanogen mod on DX-will it hit D2G in the future?

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
im in the same boat as you as far as the acceleraometer, i do think i know a fix though it was on the regular droid 2 cm7 thread

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
yeehaw got my data working like a champ. a few build.prop edits and that was all not too hard. give this a try on your d2g as it worked for my dpro and are pretty much the same device. add these to your build.prop, (i'd make sure they aren't there already with a different value which these modifications will contradict!)

ro.mot.phonemode.vzwglobalphone=1
persist.radio.vzw.cdma.mdn=
ro.telephony.gsm-routes-us-smsc = 1
ro.cdma.home.operator.isnan=1
ro.mot.FTR.33857=true
persist.radio.ap.phonetype=2
keyguard.no_require_sim = true
cdma.nbpcd.supported=false
ro.mot.fid.33531.keylock_ecm=true
ro.com.android.dataroaming=false
persist.radio.cdma.min = 0

for this next batch, look at the build.prop of the system you sbf'ed from to get to cm7 and change these values to what it was previously when data worked
ro.kernel.android.ril=xxxxxx
persist.ril.mux.noofchannels=x
persist.ril.mux.ttydevice=/dev/ttySxxxxx
persist.ril.modem.ttydevice=/dev/ttyUSBxxxxx
persist.ril.features=xxxxxxxxxx
ro.ftmipcd.ipcdevice=/dev/ttyUSBxxxx

bikedude880

Reaction score
My main problem is that something got borked between getting it working and setting up my repo...

If I had a couple days and something other than a Pentium D w/1GB ram, I'd be at or further :/

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.

Last edited:

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
And im building off his repo and dont know what im doing to get it fixed =/

My laptop is a little better but still dont know where he went wrong

migaaaaaa

Reaction score
I'll apply that to build.prop and report back. Give me a second.

Update: 3G icon shows up, no data still.

Update2: Goofyness on my part, I can't copy and paste properly. Got it to work the second try. dancedroid

Last edited:

bikedude880

Reaction score
Already got that one building, just been at work so often that I barely have any time D:

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
add these to your build.prop, (i'd make sure they aren't there already with a different value which these modifications will contradict!)
Alright, here are some questions, considering you are probably on VZW's network in the USA, and not using GSM.

— ro.mot.phonemode.vzwglobalphone=1
What does the global mode have to do with data access over CDMA? Why run it in Global mode (as it eats more battery)?

— ro.telephony.gsm-routes-us-smsc = 1
Why do you care about GSM SMS center settings?

— keyguard.no_require_sim = true
SIM cards? On VZW? What is the purpose of altering this setting?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
add these to your build.prop, (i'd make sure they aren't there already with a different value which these modifications will contradict!)
Alright, here are some questions, considering you are probably on VZW's network in the USA, and not using GSM.

— ro.mot.phonemode.vzwglobalphone=1
What does the global mode have to do with data access over CDMA? Why run it in Global mode (as it eats more battery)?

— ro.telephony.gsm-routes-us-smsc = 1
Why do you care about GSM SMS center settings?

— keyguard.no_require_sim = true
SIM cards? On VZW? What is the purpose of altering this setting?

Yes but we want it to work for all countries/carriers, not just US/VZW...

bikedude880

Reaction score
I'm done wasting my time. I don't know what happened to where it no longer works. Source trees are identical. Device/vendor configs are identical. Each build is done from a clean tree.

Go milk the D2 release, at least it works.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Yes but we want it to work for all countries/carriers, not just US/VZW...
Well, ro.mot.phonemode.vzwglobalphone is your general switch for Global mode. It's accessible via the Settings app.

ro.telephony.gsm-routes-us-smsc is related to SMS center. When set to 1, it routes everything using US rules, prepending 011 to the recipient number. Is that really a desired behaviour if you want the phone to work with all carriers?

As for keyguard.no_require_sim… umm, just in case: this setting is on by default, at least on my stock phone. Basically, if it's set to 'false', the phone will only display emergency call dialog when powered on without a SIM card inserted.
However, D2G starts without SIM cards no problems, and only tells you that there's no SIM in case you switched it to GSM (or maybe Global as well) mode.

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just posted on xda about merging our fork with D2G. We could add D2G specific tweaks to the build.prop and any kernel modules that need changed. Since it is using the 2nd init then I would assume we have a kernel being loaded again if I'm right. It would be the same way we added support for the vogue/kaiser/polaris/mogul. The hardware was very similar with slight variations but the same roms worked on all of them due those device specific tweaks.

bikedude880

Reaction score
I just posted on xda about merging our fork with D2G. We could add D2G specific tweaks to the build.prop and any kernel modules that need changed. Since it is using the 2nd init then I would assume we have a kernel being loaded again if I'm right. It would be the same way we added support for the vogue/kaiser/polaris/mogul. The hardware was very similar with slight variations but the same roms worked on all of them due those device specific tweaks.

I know that it works, I've had people confirm that it ****ing works. My build worked. Once. Then I spent a ****ing week trying everything I could to get it booting again. So have fun, and stay away from my repo unless you like staring at the 'M' logo forever.