Customers lose confidence in Samsung after Galaxy Note 7 recall

OP
A

Allen_Jolynn0

Reaction score
Website
phongnhaexplorer.com
I'll keep buying Samsung. I would still choose them over Apple any day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk
Please also tell us the reason to stay with Samsung. So we can also conduct our own survey. All other folks who still wnt to continue with samsung please dont forget to mention the reason.

Thanks

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Could you please specify the reasons to easily survive ?
Large company and they reacted quickly to the issue.

People buy Firestone tires after the 1990s issues.

People still buy Quaker state oil after the early 1980s issue where it was sludging up in winter.

People still buy Taurus pistols after defects were found that could lead to barrel failure.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I'll still stick with samsung cause of all the samsung products I have or have had (dishwasher, fridge, laptop, notes 2, 3, 4, s6 edge + washer and dryer, and a tv,and a tablet)...only the note 7 had an issue, but I myself didn't have the issue. Just turned mine in as a precaution. Love samsung and will continue to purchase there quality products.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 7

Last edited:

ticketbabe

Reaction score
Love my Note7!!! Did replace it..frustrating as hell, but done. 3rd Samsung & 2nd Note. Have no issue with Samsung..fine products, awesome phones, bad choice of battery..but it happens. Did I say I love my Note7?!!!

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

kayjbee

Reaction score
Please also tell us the reason to stay with Samsung. So we can also conduct our own survey. All other folks who still wnt to continue with samsung please dont forget to mention the reason.

Thanks

In my opinion Samsung phones are better than iPhone and other brands especially the Note 7 iPhone doesn't even compare in my opinion. I've had more issues with Apple products then I ever had with all my Samsung products and to me this is one glitch and they made it right and no need to dwell on it or stay away from them for it. I'm pretty sure Samsung learned their lesson as this is very costly to them. This could have easily happened to Apple or LG or other phone brands. Plus the media glorified it. Can't help but wonder if this was iPhone would it be as glorified. I kept my recalled phone until I got the replacement phone as I still love the phone.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
All products have flaws at some point. This Note 7 is their best so far, I have more confidence in Samsung as they stand behind their awesome product.
I'll take the Taurus too please ;)

Concerning the whole story with the Note 7, if the selling the replacement Note stories are true with the carriers, thats what makes me upset, not a defect.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Every manufacturer has had problems. Even the latest iPhone 7 is plagued with issues. Samsung will survive because they've been one of the top manufacturers 10 years running and they know how to quickly resolve issues such as this. They make a quality product despite a defective battery on their latest Note 7, yet they'll still come out on top.
Game....ere, rather poll over.
~drops Mic, walks off stage~

S5 tap'n

da2zoe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
All products have flaws at some point. This Note 7 is their best so far, I have more confidence in Samsung as they stand behind their awesome product.

I've wanted a Note for long time (the S5 was my previous) and couldn't be happier with this incredible device! Waited a long time for the next Note and was hooked within 30 seconds after seeing it in the store. I've been a Sammy owner since the Fascinate and can't imagine having any other brand. The recall is an unfortunate situation especially after waiting 2 years. But like others have said, the company stand behind its products. I didn't even question whether I wanted another Note 7.

I bought mine from our local VZW store. I got timely email and text notifications from both Verizon and Samsung about battery issue. When the store got the replacements, I simply went in and traded it and was out the door. I did have to go back to get the $25 credit offer...but that was laziness on the part of the worker not a problem connected to recall.

And I think the system update that changes the color of the battery icon was a good move to indicate whether your device is a pre- or post-recall.
Still waiting on the Gear Fit but I was slow putting in my claim.

thc1967

Reaction score
A survey conducted by Branding Brand says Exploding batteries have put a damper on consumers’ confidence in Samsung’s smartphones.

Consumers are stupid. I read an article saying that of the initial 35 cases, 27 were fraudulent or not actually the Note 7 battery exploding. That's 8 in 2.5 million odds. You're more likely to choke to death on your next meal than have a pre-exchange battery explode on you.

But, media and consumers being what they are, Sammy now has a bad rep. It's dumb.

I'm sticking with Samsung. I loved my first Note 7. I'm irritated with this second one only because I was forced to set up a phone a second time.

We'll see who has what in 1-2 years when it's time for a new phone, but it damn sure won't be Apple and I'm betting it will be another Note.

da2zoe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Interesting notes on the topic of the replacement process.

The lady who helped me at our Verizon store commented that they are keeping a special area in their stock room to "store" all the traded devices for a while because of the fire hazard issue. Airlines don't want them onboard and even some ground companies don't want the risk during transport. She said their store had not been given a return shipping method yet and until that time they will continue to stack them up.

As I said ealier, the process was quick and straight forward. But wanted to add that I had to wait a while because the whole store was full of customers doing the very same thing I was. Sales rep said they were busier with sales and exchanges of the Note 7 than sales of the newly released iPhone 7.

One guy was concerned about Samsung taking it back because his was working fine but he had scratched the screen. When the rep told him Samsung would take any initial N7 regardless of it's condition, he went outside and dropped it on the sidewalk for a personal drop test. Took 4 tries before it broke the screen.