Customers lose confidence in Samsung after Galaxy Note 7 recall

ticketbabe

Reaction score
Please also tell us the reason to stay with Samsung. So we can also conduct our own survey. All other folks who still wnt to continue with samsung please dont forget to mention the reason.

Thanks
I've been a fan of Samsung since the release of the Note series. I used the Note 10 & Note 3, now Note 7. I love them all way better than any Moto, LG or other phones owned in the past. Samsung support has been great, quality of the phone has been great, ease of use, timely system upgrades & everything else about the product has made me happy. Current problems have not soured me on Samsung. My Note 7 replacement has been flawless & worry-free..love it!!!! I simply never charge while asleep with any cellphone. Flying has been worrisome, but they simply announce for all Note 7 owners to power off & not charge while in flight. :)

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
While consumers act as sheep. They follow whatever flow there is, Samsung has been taking motos old approach. Flooding the market with lots of phones .4 or more per year..they just released the 7 and the 8 will be out right after Christmas..if not being teased during. That's a good way to saturate..but also a good way to tons of phones out there collecting dust ...

This battery thing is definitely bad PR. But I think they'll walk away ..not unscathed but with a lesson learned and perhaps ..but probably not... something learned. Other than disaster repair on the fly lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

sam_gordon

Reaction score
I read an article saying that of the initial 35 cases, 27 were fraudulent or not actually the Note 7 battery exploding.
I'd love to find that article. I understand why Samsung would be recalling the N7, but you'd think they'd include the tidbit that 27 of the initial 35 were false claims.

We're now up to 5 of the replacement versions supposedly overheating. I, as a new Samsung phone customer, think we are owed an explanation of what problem was found and what the fix was. Even if it's "QC standards at 'x' factory were not up to spec. The replacement phones were all made in 'y'." Have the phones not been used "correctly" or suffered other damages? Charged w/3rd party chargers, etc.

I usually wait at least 6 months before investing in new tech, but was due for a new phone and the company was paying, so I got a N7. I will say I LOVE the phone. I'm getting used to the Edge, like the stylus, and the camera takes great pictures. That being said, I'd be lying if I said I'm not a little hesitant to hand the phone over to my 10yo daughter (to play with). *IF* something did happen, and I readily agree the odds are against it, I don't know if I could live with myself.

ETA: found the (an) article about the bogus claims. Samsung says it dealt with 26 false reports of the Note 7 catching fire

Last edited:

Moulton

Reaction score
I'm tapping out. I stuck with the Note 7 after the 1st recall but now I'm done. I'll be back next year if there is even a Note 8. Going with a Pixel XL 128 and maybe iPhone 7+.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I'm tapping out. I stuck with the Note 7 after the 1st recall but now I'm done. I'll be back next year if there is even a Note 8. Going with a Pixel XL 128 and maybe iPhone 7+.
I'm out also.... just not sure where I'm going yet...

From The Sexy Note 7♡

Moulton

Reaction score
I'm out also.... just not sure where I'm going yet...

From The Sexy Note 7♡

I have the iPhone 7+ in my hands right now. It's not as bad as I thought. Now I'm looking into getting a Nike Apple watch. I would've never ever ever thought I'd do this...ever.

thc1967

Reaction score
I'm giving my Note 7 back only if there's a threat of permanent shutdown, and even then if there's a way to root it to avoid that, I'm likely to keep it.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Just talked to a coworker who has the N7 and is keeping it till she can't. Our theory is that the N7 is such a beast of a phone that no manufacturers can compete so the exploding battery fiasco is only corporate espionage to ruin this phone and Sammy's reputation.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Amagine

Reaction score
Still to this day, IOS feels like an incomplete operating system. It really fells like IOS 1 with more and more features added to it. Nothing about the main experience improves.
The phones themselves are of decent quality. But I dislike the choice of form over function. The backs are too slick to handle without a case and the ever more importance on the materials and colors presses the price skyward even though 90% of iPhones are in an OtterBox.
Outside of the camera. They really have no features I like.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ngt

Reaction score
Pixel XL is on the way...will be in my hands next Wednesday. I'll give it a thorough test. I'm really interested in that camera.
No expandable memory kills that phone for me. Very disappointed that I can't keep this phone. Nothing better out there :(

ngt

Reaction score
I think I'm going to go with the LG v20. Thoughts?

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I think I'm going to go with the LG v20. Thoughts?
Seems to be the one phone that's the closest to the note 7, will most likly jump to that one for the year as well. Only thing is all this recall business has pushed my upgrade back a couple of months for next year.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 7

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I have the iPhone 7+ in my hands right now. It's not as bad as I thought. Now I'm looking into getting a Nike Apple watch. I would've never ever ever thought I'd do this...ever.

I did the same thing!! I am shocked how much I'm enjoying the IPhone 7+

Sent from my neat IPhone 7+