First in USA! Exploding Galaxy Note 7 may have caused a man's house to burn down!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
noteISonFIRE.jpg

Recalled Samsung phone considered as cause of house fire

Exploding Galaxy Note 7 may have caused a man's house to burn down

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Man.. not what unwanted exploding in or around me..people's hearts with joy...yes..this.. no

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Hmm.... interesting...

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Cheaters, they will come...

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Last edited:

silverfang77

Reaction score
In the video I saw about the jeep fire, it said the owner had done some heavy mods on it. Maybe one of those was the cause.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
In the video u saw about the jeep fire, it said the owner had done some heavy mods on it. Maybe one of those was the cause.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.
I could certainly believe that heavily modding could result in an error in wiring or failed third party appliance or "mod" leading to subsequent fire. The 12 Volt Lead/acid batteries in our cars are capable of putting out massive amounts of power all at once (cold cranking amps), in some cases over 8,000 watts and approaching 10,000 watts (typical microwave ovens produce about 1500 watts). They can produce enough current to weld steel and melt copper wiring, and sparks that can jump several feet away, any of which can quickly ignite flammable materials in the vehicles.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I could certainly believe that heavily modding could result in an error in wiring or failed third party appliance or "mod" leading to subsequent fire. The 12 Volt Lead/acid batteries in our cars are capable of putting out massive amounts of power all at once (cold cranking amps), in some cases over 8,000 watts and approaching 10,000 watts (typical microwave ovens produce about 1500 watts). They can produce enough current to weld steel and melt copper wiring, and sparks that can jump several feet away, any of which can quickly ignite flammable materials in the vehicles.

It doesn't even take heavy modding .add the wrong car stereo or even factory stuff like improperly grounded cruise control wire when the vehicle is off..can lead to fires or explosion or at the very least..a pcm failure..it damages the circuit by having t9 little or too much amperage ..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
It doesn't even take heavy modding .add the wrong car stereo or even factory stuff like improperly grounded cruise control wire when the vehicle is off..can lead to fires or explosion or at the very least..a pcm failure..it damages the circuit by having t9 little or too much amperage ..
Agreed, but heavily modded means there's even greater potential for failure.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The biggest mods I've seen on jeeps is light bars...(south east Texas has a weird and huge Jeep following) but I agree..people.with no real education into auto electrical systems...should Not be modifying systems...it's like me playing with lighting..with coat hangers and fire crackers...no real good will come of it

Last edited:

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
That is wat i am thinking for that thing to be burning like that seems like it had some type of fire starter somewhere. And i use to run with fire company back in the day and one thing that is basically untraceable is the spray glue on wires and it just burns away and no trace. Yeah the phone could of been left in the jeep in the heat on charge allowing the battery to heat up and start it but my question is who took the pic instead of calling the fire trucks lol

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
Awful funny how it is parked at beginning of driveway away from house in the sun and better yet facing the sun probably with phone laying on the dash

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
It's quite possible that the sun and heat played a role as well.