currently running . 215 on razr maxx

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
I haven't been on the forum for a while and just saw the thing about the jelly bean update for us original razr users... I am currently running. 215 on my maxx and am wondering if this will interfere with my upgrade path when the official ota is released..... If so can someone please explain in detail how I can get my self in the path of the upgrade... And if I have to backtrack will I lose all my apps and stuff such as needing to do a fdr.. Sorry if it makes me sound like a new bee but I do know a lot about phones just like to have details so I know 110% that what I'm doing is correct... Please help me and thanks guys

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I haven't been on the forum for a while and just saw the thing about the jelly bean update for us original razr users... I am currently running. 215 on my maxx and am wondering if this will interfere with my upgrade path when the official ota is released..... If so can someone please explain in detail how I can get my self in the path of the upgrade... And if I have to backtrack will I lose all my apps and stuff such as needing to do a fdr.. Sorry if it makes me sound like a new bee but I do know a lot about phones just like to have details so I know 110% that what I'm doing is correct... Please help me and thanks guys

Hey Coulterjosh, no need to apologize for being a "new bee". We were ALL nOObs (newbies) at one time, right? :biggrin:

Being on .215 will most likely prevent you from receiving and successfully installing any OTA upgrade, but fear-not. Rolling back to the fully stock .211 is not at all difficult, thanks to our tremendous Developer society who works relentlessly to make our favorite Android confectionery delights oh, that much sweeter. Matt L Groff is a household name if you follow Android at all - specifically the Droid RAZR line of phones. He's developed a Droid RAZR Utility that takes the complicated, cumbersome and potentially risky task of flashing a Fastboot ROM to your phone and reduced it to a simplified numbered menu of fully automated processes.

Go to my thread titled http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...lly-bean-leak-classroom-w-mattyp-friends.html, and there I'll walk you through the steps necessary to get back to the OTA Train Depot, and if you choose you can either take the next step to flash the recently leaked Jelly Bean, or you can stop once reverted and wait till it's pushed to your phone from Motorola directly. Given the fact that this leak popped up on Christmas Even (around noon on December 24th), and it's really THAT good, leads folks like me to believe that the fully flushed and "approved" version of Jelly Bean for the Droid RAZR & RAZR MAXX is only just around the next bend, figuratively speaking.

The folks on that thread will be there to assist you and I will too. Come, join us and let's all prepare to board the next Coach to colorful and chewy sweet goodness that is the "buttery" Jelly Bean land!! :D

umpire.20

Reaction score
Mr. FoxKat .......

You are awesome. I am in the midst of selling my MAXX & buying a MAXX HD. However, I've been here since May and your comments and advice are excellent. You make the Newest of the New feel right at home and you always have "the correct answer". I thank you for your time and trouble. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Redalert

Reaction score
Hey Coulterjosh, no need to apologize for being a "new bee". We were ALL nOObs (newbies) at one time, right? :biggrin:

Being on .215 will most likely prevent you from receiving and successfully installing any OTA upgrade, but fear-not. Rolling back to the fully stock .211 is not at all difficult, thanks to our tremendous Developer society who works relentlessly to make our favorite Android confectionery delights oh, that much sweeter. Matt L Groff is a household name if you follow Android at all - specifically the Droid RAZR line of phones. He's developed a Droid RAZR Utility that takes the complicated, cumbersome and potentially risky task of flashing a Fastboot ROM to your phone and reduced it to a simplified numbered menu of fully automated processes.

Go to my thread titled http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/233657-foxkats-215-214-jelly-bean-leak-classroom-w-mattyp-friends.html, and there I'll walk you through the steps necessary to get back to the OTA Train Depot, and if you choose you can either take the next step to flash the recently leaked Jelly Bean, or you can stop once reverted and wait till it's pushed to your phone from Motorola directly. Given the fact that this leak popped up on Christmas Even (around noon on December 24th), and it's really THAT good, leads folks like me to believe that the fully flushed and "approved" version of Jelly Bean for the Droid RAZR & RAZR MAXX is only just around the next bend, figuratively speaking.

The folks on that thread will be there to assist you and I will too. Come, join us and let's all prepare to board the next Coach to colorful and chewy sweet goodness that is the "buttery" Jelly Bean land!! :D

***Come, join us and let's all prepare to board the next Coach to colorful and chewy sweet goodness that is the "buttery" Jelly Bean*** I GOT MY TICKET LETS ROLL

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
thanks

Go to my thread titled http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...lly-bean-leak-classroom-w-mattyp-friends.html, and there I'll walk you through the steps necessary to get back to the OTA Train Depot, and if you choose you can either take the next step to flash the recently leaked Jelly Bean, or you can stop once reverted and wait till it's pushed to your phone from Motorola directly. Given the fact that this leak popped up on Christmas Even (around noon on December 24th), and it's really THAT good, leads folks like me to believe that the fully flushed and "approved" version of Jelly Bean for the Droid RAZR & RAZR MAXX is only just around the next bend, figuratively speaking.

thanks for all your help it worked great and really simple...but since i noticed the option to root, what is the point, what do i gain from rooting if i do and also what would i do about getting the ota updates if i am rooted? would i have to unroot and the update and find a new root to be able to handle the new ota update...i just dont have a understanding of it all...if you could help me out once again let me know...thanks again

GotnFX

Reaction score
Coulterjosh... Most people root for the purpose of having control of the phone...able to load whatever they want..whenever.. Uninstall/freeze bloatware apps that were preloaded when they first received...a lot folks also like to flash custom roms. A simple search on this site or Google will give you a more extensive explanation and other benefits that I may have missed.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

WOW...I wonder what Santa brought FoxKat for Christmas:yahoo: