currently G2 or Maxx

silver5liter

Reaction score
Trying to decide between the two currently with verizon. Both have wireless charging. My only pitfalls with the G2 is that the mic is on the bottom (coming from the Droid DNA, the mic quality was terrible on bottom) and the gps is suppose to be real bad on the G2. Has the GPS gotten better? i use it pretty frequently.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Updates have improved the GPS. I won't say it's the best, but it is usable now. In the beginning, the GPS sucked. Now, yes I'd say it's fine.

No one has ever complained about my voice on the phone, so I guess the mic is fine.

I haven't had any experience with the Maxx. I gave up on Moto after the Maxx HD. Jelly Bean wrecked that phone.

You're best bet is to go into the store and hold and play with both phones. Make your decision based on that, and not on what we tell you, well take some of our experiences in the store with you ;)

OP
S

silver5liter

Reaction score
I held both yesterday and honestly liked them both pretty equal. I think im going with the Maxx in black because I liked the feel and if i hate it that much just bite the bullet and pay the 35 dollars to switch it out for another phone.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Before you make the switch, I'd like to recommend the G2. I've had it for about two months now, and I don't regret it at all. I've never had a problem with GPS, but I've also only had it when it had KitKat. Jellybean may have caused an issue, but I wouldn't know.

I had to take a couple of pictures this morning, and I'm still in awe over the fact a phone takes such good pictures.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You may want to consider the G3. VZ has it for $99. on a 2 year contract.
Tomorrows tech at yesterdays price , the only possible drawback being it might feel a little large in hand for some. They've taken a huge leap at giving phablet sized screen with phone sized shells but the G3 pretty much maxes that scenario out.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I held both yesterday and honestly liked them both pretty equal. I think im going with the Maxx in black because I liked the feel and if i hate it that much just bite the bullet and pay the 35 dollars to switch it out for another phone.
Like Jeffry said, if you're looking to upgrade, I'd go with the G3, but you can't upgrade, if you're on unlimited data. Just an FYI.

The Maxx is getting dated, but if you don't see any issues with it, then good luck. I'd still go G2 if I had it to do all over again. Just my 2 pennies.

OP
S

silver5liter

Reaction score
I waffled on the idea of getting the G3, but at the end of the day i wanted a free phone so i could make a little off of my Droid dna. I was leaning towards the Maxx but went in yesterday and they changed pricing over night, the maxx was 129 and the g2 was still free, problem solved lol. Either way, i think it pushed me in the right direction. Its been great so far.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I waffled on the idea of getting the G3, but at the end of the day i wanted a free phone so i could make a little off of my Droid dna. I was leaning towards the Maxx but went in yesterday and they changed pricing over night, the maxx was 129 and the g2 was still free, problem solved lol. Either way, i think it pushed me in the right direction. Its been great so far.
Congrats.. Enjoy your new toy.

Erikbal

Reaction score
Nice! Enjoy the new phone. I've had mine since the 14th of June and am still enjoying it!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Good deal. I have no doubt that you'll be happy with the G2. It's a great phone.