Current Apps that Crash

BoilerFan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
In my endeavor to learn how to test android apps, I’d like to see some android apps that crash. Does anyone know of any apps that consistently crash that I could use to test with? I need to record the screen activity and view the logs when the crash occurs. I’m testing on an LG Transpyre VS810PP running Android 5.1.1 & Google chrome on Verizon’s network. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Interesting exercise.

I can't suggest any apps in particular, however I would suggest you look at the ratings of apps across different genres (media, utility, game, communicaitons, etc.), and explore those with the lower or lowest ratings. It's a natural trend that people will go for those apps with the higher ratings, typically in the high 3s to low to mid 4s is the sweet spot. I would think that those with ratings in the 2s to low 3s will have crashing bugs.

Anything in the very low ratings of <2 are most often being so lowly rated due to being ineffective for their advertised purpose, or are posing to be something they are not. The worst ratings are for apps that anger members, creating other problems with the phones such as interrupting phone call operation, sound or GPS functionality, or which are laden with advertisements, or which take the phone hostage.

Perhaps others can make suggestions of specific apps. The one issue you may run into with suggested apps is compatibility with one or another phone brand and model. Those members with the LG Transpyre VS810PP running Android 5.1.1 & Google chrome on Verizon’s network will be your best bet but that's a small subset of all phones and carriers. Most apps are designed to be device independent and those would be your best bet.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The cold truth is for Android... Facebook is a good one for crashing...but any app can fault and crash..it's just how it is..lol..like if you close a system app and it helps said app run..it will crash the app..