Apps Crash Immediately

adamufree

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid RAZR MAXX
I'm having a problem where whenever I open an app it just immediately crashes. I don't get any prompt or anything it just closes. If restart my phone they work for a few minutes. Clearing activities and force stopping does nothing. This guy seems to be having the same problem as me so maybe he can explain better Razr Maxx - Apps instantly crashing Google app pops up though I don t use it...More Android Forum at DroidForums.net. On this thread the guy just says to factory reset the phone. I factory reset my phone and Im still having the same problem. The only thing that I did was sync previous data with my Google account and update a few pre installed apps. Help would be very much appreciated as I have really nothing else to try at this point. Thanks.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

There is only one way I am aware of to sort out the problem to ensure you don't have a hardware problem. Do a factory reset and do NOT sync. See if the stock phone works OK. If it does, then one of your apps is causing some type of conflict. If it still crashes with only stock apps you may have faulty memory or storage.

OP
A

adamufree

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid RAZR MAXX
Thanks for the welcome guys. Resetting the phone without restoring app data after I login didn't solve the problem. But I tried logging in with an entirely new Google account and now it works fine. Thanks for the help