Curious

Droidcurious

Reaction score
Madam I'm Adam - Actually that is my pseudonym. You can call me David.

I am using my cell to deal with family issues a thousand miles away. I need access to the net on the road, at home or when I'm a long way from home. I would love to find a way to get a fax on the Droid or any other portable device. Can the Droid receive faxes?

Researching the capabilities has been fun. The phone and available apps are more than I need but I am a gadget person so I think I would like the Droid even if I don’t need it.

I’m still undecided but curious about the features of the phone.

I am leaning toward getting the Droid.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have looked over a few short searches and have found nothing about being able to receive a fax over the droid.

OP
D

Droidcurious

Reaction score
Thanks.

While not vital, it would be helpful to be able to receive a fax

texasPI

Reaction score
technically you can receive a fax, indirectly. For example, if you sign up for a free account on k7.net you are assigned a telephone number with a washington area code. Then you have the fax sent to that number and then it will get emailed to you as an attachment. No if you don't mind using a number that may not be local to the person sending then it could work. Not sure if you can open it on a droid. I believe the attachment is sent as a tiff file. I haven't tried it yet so, like I said, not too sure...

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
technically you can receive a fax, indirectly. For example, if you sign up for a free account on k7.net you are assigned a telephone number with a washington area code. Then you have the fax sent to that number and then it will get emailed to you as an attachment. No if you don't mind using a number that may not be local to the person sending then it could work. Not sure if you can open it on a droid. I believe the attachment is sent as a tiff file. I haven't tried it yet so, like I said, not too sure...

Yeah that's what i started looking into also. But i didn't see too many great options.

wabieagle

Reaction score
FAXZERO.com doen't work with Droid either

I tried FAXZERO.com it doen't work with Droid either, problem is Verizon will not allow any uploads other than sharing via photo sharing. I wonder what the judge would say in small claims when I explain I pay for "UNLIMITED" Internet?

slimpirudude

Reaction score
I was reading this on rootzwiki..

BMc08GT said:
After extensive analysis of and stripping down of the known build.prop edits to increase 3G speeds, I was finally able to incorporate stability edits that are compatible with MIUI. Im not sure is this is related but I am also showing an increase in battery life? Speed increases that I have seen after v1.5 compared to stock are:
Before--
800kbps down
After v1.5--
2200-2500kbps down
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
V1.0(No build.prop edit)
Download link----------------> here

V1.5 (Data Unthrottle and build.prop edits)
Download link----------------> here

INSTRUCTIONS:
1)download the .zip file and extract to the root of the sdcard.
2)inside the folder "unthrottle" that is created, will be a script (.txt) file and a classes.dex file.
3) Using scriptmanager, navigate to this folder and select the .txt. file and run as root
4)If it works it should replace the file that is in the folder and ask you to reboot at the end.
5)Reboot
6)Your first boot will take a REALLY long time to boot, but it will without a problem and your data will be uncrippled by Big Red.

Current Bugs:
Mobile Network Settings will FC.

Changelog:
-Script optimized for increased speed and stability by including WORKING build.prop edits that are compatible with MIUI.
-Script Written and executable. Strips services.jar of all throttling files.

I would like to use something like this, look at that increase!!! Also, can I remove the throttling? Please help.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

stillwaiting

Reaction score
is that just for muiu?
you could just make a nandroid then if it doesnt work or you dont like it you could go back.