Cradle or Extra (Slimmed, Extended) Battery?

SquintyOS

Reaction score
I've had the TB since it came out in March and use it as a phone/computer for leisure/business/school as I view my notes, my calender and my personal/business (and school) emails. The battery life is decent at 12-15hrs with heavy use (on 3G and wifi) throughout the day which for me, that's texting, use of web, use as an actual phone, and the use of an extra hard drive for my schoolwork. I charge it every night and when I don't have time or forget to charge it, I always have a charger or replaceable battery in my bag.My question is:

clear1x1.gif

Innocell 1750mAh Slim Extended Life Battery or Desktop Charging Cradle? (Both from Seido)

I've always had an issue with the charging port with dumb phones I've owned where the port itself would become rather loose. This was mostly because I use my phones an alarm clock and keep my phone relatively close to the bed. When I got my DROID in 09 and ever since (Sans the DROID Incredible and ThunderBolt), I had used a dock with every Android phone I had gotten from Verizon; those being the Motorola DROID, Motorola DROID Pro, and the the two mentioned before. The dock has allowed me to keep it in a space so I wouldn't ended up moving the phone while I slept, thus keeping me from a messed up charge port. I WOULD pick up one from Verizon if it was in their actual system.

As for the battery. I own the battery that came with the device and one I picked up from Verizon during an outing. Problem is, I have several microUSB cords from owning these awesome devices but do not have any extra chargers for the HTC battery besides the one I'm using for my Bolt itself. I only have one that is interchangeable with the the DROID and the DROID Pro because of their battery type.

The two items listed would both be useful but as of now, I will only purchase one. One can help keep from a loose port AND an extra slot to charge my spare and the other can give extra usage (but higher price). Thoughts on this?

Cheers,
Squinty

wowings

Reaction score
Verizon does have a docking station made by HTC. I have been using it and loving it for the past three weeks. Better yet, VZW reduced the price by $15.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
SquintyOS

SquintyOS

Reaction score
That's a much needed relief. Did you order it online? I tried to get one in person at my local corporate store but, they're always clueless about it.

wowings

Reaction score
Docking station

That's a much needed relief. Did you order it online? I tried to get one in person at my local corporate store but, they're always clueless about it.

I saw it on line, but I found the same story at my VZW store - the rep said it was not available. I asked them to check in their computer and there was this big "ah ha" moment. She ordered it shipped to my home (no charge for shipping). The Verizon SKU number is HTC6400DTC. The price has dropped from $59 to $37.49. That should be all the information you need to give the VZW representative. Hope this helps.

OP
SquintyOS

SquintyOS

Reaction score
Thanks. I just ordered one 10 minutes ago. Thanks for the help.

turdbogls

Reaction score
well, this is what i have. get both for the cost of the HTC dock
Amazon.com: Trexcell 1700mAh Battery for HTC Verizon Thunderbolt 4G LTE MyTouch 4g: Cell Phones & Accessories
Amazon.com: RND Power Solutions Deluxe 2nd Battery Charger and Data Sync Cradle / Desktop Docking Station for HTC Thunderbolt 4G: Electronics

the dock works great, a little difficult to get in and out, but it charges EVERY time.
the extra slot charges the extended battery and the stock battery. the only thing it doesn't do is put the phone into dock mode (i made a tasker profile to open up a clock app when inserted)

the battery, well, its a nice extra battery...not bad, but not extended by any means. reads 1350mah just like stock, but drains a little quicker than stock IMO. i can get about 1 hour less off the extended battery than i can with the stock battery. for $10 it was a heck of a deal, so i bought one knowing it was falsely advertised.

as for the seidio battery, i have heard similar stories...it reads the same size at the stock battery and lasts slightly less. so i would stay away from it. get both of these for under $50 shipped.

OP
SquintyOS

SquintyOS

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I might pick up that dock just to have an extra but, I'll wait and see how the one I ordered from Verizon works.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
don't believe those slim extended batteries, they're nothing but a marketing gimmick. if you're really want to get an extended use out of your tb, buy an official htc extended battery rated at 2750mah.