Slim Extended Battery

Bxrider117

Reaction score
The Droid has been out for more than 6 months. Why is it that we have not seen a slim extended battery from Seidio, Motorola or any other manufacturer. I'm sure that many people would think about buying one. I have the Seidio extended battery and for the amount of usage on my phone I don't get the amount of battery life that I would like. I typically get 1 1/2 days with that battery before it dies and then I have to charge it for 10+ hours to get it fully charged. Because of that I have gone back to my stock battery. I even prefer the form factor of the stock battery, but I would like to see an extended slim battery with 1750-2000 mah. I think it has not been created because of Motorola's difficulty with accurately reading the amount of battery life for. He stop or extended battery. Anyone else can think of another reason.

td854

Reaction score
I'm really surprised it takes 10 hours to charge. Are you charging by wall or PC because that should make a huge difference.

LTLFTCer

Reaction score
I left a vistor message with the seidio rep here on why the slim battery (just a link that said coming soon) was taken down on their website. he hasn't replied yet.

kaboyd

Reaction score
I read a statement from Seidio yesterday saying the slim extended life battery was taken off their site because the time frame of availability was uncertain. I believe they have given up on the battery which is a poor decision in my opinion. I think we are going to wait for someone else to take up the slack on slim battery development.

???

Reaction score
the long charge time for the extended battery does suck but I got their multi use charger and its very worth it to me if you already have the battery. it let's you put the battery in your charger for a normal amount of time. not the dumb 8 plus hours. so you can do like I do. use the extended battery for things like work and the stock battery for short trips, or just times when I don't want the big battery.

either way my phone no longer has to be tied to a charger to try and charge the battery enough. now it charges in a few hours while I'm out using my stock battery and the extended seems to last longer as well, since its charged right in the first place.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I read a statement from Seidio yesterday saying the slim extended life battery was taken off their site because the time frame of availability was uncertain. I believe they have given up on the battery which is a poor decision in my opinion. I think we are going to wait for someone else to take up the slack on slim battery development.

Its very possible they gave up. Extended battery needs to have at least a 1/4 more mAh than the stock battery and i don't think they were able to pack that much juice into such a little casing.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid has been out for more than 6 months. Why is it that we have not seen a slim extended battery from Seidio, Motorola or any other manufacturer. I'm sure that many people would think about buying one.
Why not ask them? We can speculate all day, coming up with all sorts of possibilities without the real answer.

The existence of a product depends on more than just demand. There are technical concerns as well, you know. You can't just will X amount of mAh into a given space. ;)

I typically get 1 1/2 days with that battery before it dies and then I have to charge it for 10+ hours to get it fully charged.
You can't charge nightly? Do you use your Droid in your sleep?

Li ion batteries should be topped off and not fully drained.