Seidio 1600mAH Slim Battery

Smokeysz4

Reaction score
Has anyone used this battery? I don't want to add any more bulk to the phone, but would like a little extra battery life. Just looking for some words on the Seidio 1600mAH slim battery...

F

FlyFishinX2

I went to the website and it says there is another replacement battery coming soon :...I'm wondering what size it will be

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using droid forums app

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
1600mAH has to be a waste of money, IMHO.

Sent screaming from my ThunderBolt at 4G speeds.

F

FlyFishinX2

That's what I think too..I'm hoping for one 1800 or so that fits under the original cover

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using droid forums app

OP
S

Smokeysz4

Reaction score
in other words, ill wait around. I didn't think it would do much but wanted to see if for some unknown reason it did. but i did some more searching, most people expect an hour, maybe 2 out of the total life. not worth the $50. thanks for the opinions.

techguru

Reaction score
I had the slim extended on my Incredible, and it did get me maybe an extra hour or two a day depending on what I was doing, but I still needed to carry the other battery as a spare.

On my Tbolt, I can get through a day with the official extended battery, but it makes the phone huge and it doesn't fit in the car dock.

You can often find sales on the Seidio batteries after they have been out for a couple months. Should be able to pick it up for about $40 somewhere. However, since the Tbolt shares batteries with one of the T-mobile phones (forget which one now) you can probably get a spare standard battery for half that.

Alan

ASN-121

Reaction score
I have one, received on Friday, properly charged and calibrated. Only got an extra hour the first charge, a few the second, went over 23 hours last night and was at 4%. I was only getting 11 hours on the stock battery. Seems worth it to me as Seidio says it won't be fully calibrated until the 5th or 6th charge.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Dxun

Reaction score
I have one, received on Friday, properly charged and calibrated. Only got an extra hour the first charge, a few the second, went over 23 hours last night and was at 4%. I was only getting 11 hours on the stock battery. Seems worth it to me as Seidio says it won't be fully calibrated until the 5th or 6th charge.

I'm getting nowhere near that. 3hr 42min with 24 mins of display time im at 75%. I'm also willing to bet anything if I rebooted it would drop another 10%. Last night woke up 430 am unplugged phone. Went back to sleep till 730 with wifi on battery was at 45%. I just don't get what is causing the battery to drain with wifi on.

ASN-121

Reaction score
You do know that WiFi drains your battery, right? You probably need to give yourself time to fully charge your phone the recommended amount of cycles as well. I've been averaging over 20 hours and I'm overclocked to 1.41GHz.

cpjr

Reaction score

I'm getting nowhere near that. 3hr 42min with 24 mins of display time im at 75%. I'm also willing to bet anything if I rebooted it would drop another 10%. Last night woke up 430 am unplugged phone. Went back to sleep till 730 with wifi on battery was at 45%. I just don't get what is causing the battery to drain with wifi on.

Not to sound mean, but why would you wake up in the middle of the night and unplug the phone.....mine is left on the charger all night and....I always wake up at 100%

But something (maybe not the battery) is definitely wrong....I can get 10+ hours or better of moderate use on mine with the STOCK battery before im under 45%.

Last edited: