Could this be the Motorola Droid 2?

Droids

Reaction score
That's what I thought... but these pics don't look like the Droid 2 has a keyboard!! I want THAT phone.. lol
How can you tell from that pic?

Anyway, it's known that the Droid 2 is just like the Droid 1. Same overall size, same screen size, slider keyboard, but an improved keyboard. Upgraded processor, some external styling improvements. May have more internal memory.

Your choices will be an very nicely upgraded Droid 1, for those who want keyboards, vs. an entirely new keyboard-less phone with the Xtreme. If you love the phyiscal keyboard, wait for the Droid 2, I'm on the fence regarding the keyboard, so I have to wait until both phones are released until I decide.

BTW, if you look at the original pic from Droid-Life, it's pretty much full size, so you can see the chin modification has been omitted from this pic. Between cropping pics and using the blurry-cam, it's tough to know much about the Droid 2, and this may be a prototype. It's all good though, we have some cool stuff on the way soon.

haythem1992

Reaction score
GUYS...... WHAT IS THIS??????

Unthinkable.biz -
‘Droid 2’: no keyboard, even better Android OS

that was just announced by moto for europe, I saw the article on engadget or gizmodo all i remember is that it is clocked at 600ghz so no 1ghz snapdragon or dual core ti.
where did the edit button go? well here is the link Motorola Milestone XT720 Has 8MP Camera With Xenon Flash
and engadget Motorola Milestone XT720 announced: 8 megapixel cam, 720p video, and Droid heritage (update: video!) -- Engadget

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd buy it. I think that's what I'll start saving for and buy one for me and my brother when he gets his update in July. Looks very cool, with a very good improvement on the keyboard we have now.

haythem1992

Reaction score
That's what I thought... but these pics don't look like the Droid 2 has a keyboard!! I want THAT phone.. lol
How can you tell from that pic?

Anyway, it's known that the Droid 2 is just like the Droid 1. Same overall size, same screen size, slider keyboard, but an improved keyboard. Upgraded processor, some external styling improvements. May have more internal memory.

Your choices will be an very nicely upgraded Droid 1, for those who want keyboards, vs. an entirely new keyboard-less phone with the Xtreme. If you love the phyiscal keyboard, wait for the Droid 2, I'm on the fence regarding the keyboard, so I have to wait until both phones are released until I decide.

BTW, if you look at the original pic from Droid-Life, it's pretty much full size, so you can see the chin modification has been omitted from this pic. Between cropping pics and using the blurry-cam, it's tough to know much about the Droid 2, and this may be a prototype. It's all good though, we have some cool stuff on the way soon.
Also with the prototype droid 1 the area around the screen was silver so it may not be a huge upgrade :dry:

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been really happy with my droid, there are better phones with the bigger processors and screens, but I still prefer having my real keyboard accessible. Plus I'm running at 1.2Ghz anyways XD, and have flash. lol
Any known specs for this phone yet? Snapdragon? screen size?

For what reason? Something better they have their eyes on, or did they not say why?

Apparently Motorola is going with T.I.'s OMAP line of SoC. Which in my opinion is a better choice. The OMAP 3430, 3630 and 4430 (Dual Core Cortex A-9) are absolutely phenomenal and rock solid pieces. The 4430 (dual core) will provide 3x the performance of a like clocked Cortex A-8 OMAP for the same or less power consumption. dancedroiddancedroid

This this this. Snapdragon is not the end all be all cpu folks.

Also, the Motorola Droid's processor overclocked to only 800Mhz is on par with benchmark's of the 1Ghz Snapgragon.

Take it for what you want. I want a 1Ghz OMAP in the near future dancedroid

HCdroid

Reaction score
I would love to own every Motorola Droid (with a keyboard) Verizon might release... but my wallet does not agree. Droid 2 and then Driod pro....decisions...decisions...

guma822

Reaction score
Strange how when new technology comes to light it always seems to be photographed poorly. I call it part of said company's marketing strategy. Nothing creates buzz like fuzzy photos and a lack of information. ;)

and how its working! i cant wait for this phone!!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why is it that all these people doing sneaked photos of equipment have never heard of MACRO mode for their cameras ???

Geez, I can take a quick photo, but at least it won't be that "hi I sneaked this out to you, sorry for the fuzzyness /grainyness" ...

Ok, I know I need coffee, but really ....

Shmooze

Reaction score
I think I will wait for the Droid pro it has much better specs.

droid pro eh? I want a new droid with a keyboard and as far as I know the droid 2 seems to be the only. Should I be waiting for this pro ma jigger?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the Droid Pro is released this year, it will be the best Android phone available IMO. The rumored specs on that thing are ridiculous.

cuskit

Reaction score
Why is it that all these people doing sneaked photos of equipment have never heard of MACRO mode for their cameras ???

Geez, I can take a quick photo, but at least it won't be that "hi I sneaked this out to you, sorry for the fuzzyness /grainyness" ...

Ok, I know I need coffee, but really ....

Could also be they are zoomed in from a distance, which is difficult to get a very clear picture, especially "on the sneak" when trying to snap a shot without being seen... ;)

Not that I know anything about taking pix of things I shouldn't be.. :icon_ banana: mikey :)

Kineo

Reaction score

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I love motorola build quality. I've never owned any other brand cell phone (starting with a StarTac). Alas, I'll stick with my trusty Froyo Droid until my contract is up for renewal w/ Verizon or they let me upgrade earlier. The wife won't stand for me to pay full price for a phone. :)