Motorola Droid 2 appears in Verizons Inventory

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
attachment.php

Motorola Droids fans can now have reason to be very excited.

Thanks to our member capo745 and Droid life it appears the Motorola Droid 2 will be making a splash VERY soon.

Rumors have it releasing in July/August and the only reliable information on hardware specifics as of now comes from bill23 of Howard Forums.

"here are a few facts on Droid 2.
It is slightly more rounded edges,the open chin on the current Droid vs the Droid 2 is the same, but the face of the Droid 2 chin is equal lentgh. This means the exposed chin on the current Droid is open vs the Droid 2 chin is now part of the face slider.
Also the 4 soft keys are moved around just a tad. Same location but the menu button isnt the 4 dash's. Its like the Devours 4 squares.
The 5 way nav is gone and replaced with 4 arrows in the keypad. This allowed the keypad to be biggerfor fat fingers like mine.
The camera is 5mp HD and the phone looks nothing like the pic above. not even close. It looks very close to the current Droid just evovled a tad. The power,volume,cam keys are now flush soft touch and not so obvious like the current Droid is.
I cant speak on the guts yet too soon. This is all I can say so please dont ask for more specifics yet."

Stay tuned everyone!! DROOIIIIIIID

source: DroidLife

Last edited:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
CK on the ball again.. this will have 1500 hits by mon:icon_eek: good job CK :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Didn't think it'd be coming out so soon. I still have 14 months left before it's new phone time. Oh well...Droid 3 it is! ;)

mrdroid

Reaction score
Didn't think it'd be coming out so soon. I still have 14 months left before it's new phone time. Oh well...Droid 3 it is! ;)

I forget which interview it was but a Google exec stated they intend to have devices on 3-6mo life cycles. So we'll be on Droid 4, 5 or 6 by the time most of us are eligible for new every 2. lol

Guchi

Reaction score
I forget which interview it was but a Google exec stated they intend to have devices on 3-6mo life cycles. So we'll be on Droid 4, 5 or 6 by the time most of us are eligible for new every 2. lol

doesn't that just bug you a little bit........

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I find that kind of hard to believe, though I will admit that this surprises me. I would say 6 months minimum, I can't see them doing it any faster then that.

brochaos

Reaction score
why keep the soft buttons? thats the only thing that bugs me. and how are there no pics of this thing yet??