Convince me to stay with Verizon and get a droid.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
wait until summer and get the HTC EVO 4G HTC EVO 4G is Sprint's Android-powered knight in superphone armor, we go hands-on -- Engadget it looks sick, you'll have to go with sprint but at that time you'll have the fastest and best phone in the world

Spec wise that phone is a beast, but looking at Sprints 4G coverage map, I found maybe like 5 places that actually have 4G coverage...

:rofl3: yep, just like AT&T with 3G coverage. Besides it will only be the 'best phone' for a few months (if that) and then there will be something better.

Vindii

Reaction score
Get the lowest plan that has Friends in Family
Get Google Voice Number. all calls in united states FREE
Get data plan $30
?????????????
Profit

-=jason=-

Hit the nail on the head. No point in getting a unlimited plan if you got friend and family. Free phone calls and texts.

pyro6128

Reaction score
These threads are stupid. If you need convincing then that means you haven't done enough research to make an educated decision yourself. Only you can decide if something is worth your money or not. You just need to do your homework and decide if the investment is worth it for you. You shouldn't take shortcuts in regards to purchases you don't feel comfortable with or that you're not sure you can afford. That's just bad business.

Edit: I apologize if that came off as harsh, but its nothing personal. Just that a lot of these threads keep popping up and they're always useless. Nothing gets accomplished, the same points are rehashed, and the person finds themselves either arguing against points, or feeling that they are in the same situation they started in.

Last edited:

hoing

Reaction score
att=nty
iphone=no freedom
bye

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Well it's time for my upgrade with verizon, been with them for 4 years and have been patiently waiting to upgrade to the droid, but after checking prices out, Verizon is the most expensive cell phone company.

For unlimited everything on the droid I will be paying $120/month, and my employee discount that I get for being a home depot employee does not even work with unlimited plans.

So, Convince me why it's worth $50 more a month to stay with verizon?

Thanks,
Andrew

VZW = Best network in the US....Should be simple ;)

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
These threads are stupid. If you need convincing then that means you haven't done enough research to make an educated decision yourself. Only you can decide if something is worth your money or not. You just need to do your homework and decide if the investment is worth it for you. You shouldn't take shortcuts in regards to purchases you don't feel comfortable with or that you're not sure you can afford. That's just bad business.

Edit: I apologize if that came off as harsh, but its nothing personal. Just that a lot of these threads keep popping up and they're always useless. Nothing gets accomplished, the same points are rehashed, and the person finds themselves either arguing against points, or feeling that they are in the same situation they started in.

"Convince me why I shouldn't agree with you and have another opinion"
dancingDroid.gif

Aaron636r

Reaction score
Id rather spend $20 on something that works and does what its supposed to than wasting $10 on something that doesn't. My metaphor...

modette

Reaction score
Staying with Verizon requires no convincing for me as I watch frinds with other AT&T drop calls and lose their minds. Yes Verizon is not cheap but in most cases you get what you pay for. As for the droid it really is up to you. It all depends on what you are looking for in a phone.

That all depends where your located in this vast country of ours. In Michigan Verizon seemed to rule. Out here in Colorado, AT&T seems to have the BEST coverage. *shrug* I stay with Verizon because they have always done me right when I have had issues.

DC4MVP

Reaction score
Wow, I pay $125 for THREE phones on my VZW plan. One is the Droid w/data package and two VX8300's.

Also, if you don't want to pay the money...why get a smart phone? It's like getting a pair of Air Jordan's for $150 when all you need is a pair of $35 shoes from Payless.

I always ask this question:

Do you REALLY need the Droid or are you just buying it because it's the flavor of the current times?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
depends what area you're in.

I'm in the Bay Area and get great signal with both AT&T(when i had it) and Verizon. I absolutely love the Droid and can't imagine having a phone with Android on it. With AT&T getting Android soon (if not already) I would not mind switching back to AT&T. Also through some offers I get AT&T a bit cheaper, but I had to switch over cause of a family plan.

I'm happy with Verizon, their call quality seems to be better, but that could also have to do with me having a newer phone instead of my old Tilt. I had a great experience with AT&T and so far am loving Verizon's service.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you get good service now? do you need a smart phone or want it bad enough to pay.. text more talk less.:icon_ banana:. whats this i here about the droid making phone calls?:icon_eek:

jrl9851

Reaction score
Last time I checked, AT&T is the EXACT same price for unlimited everything. Unless I'm missing something.

Where does "$50 more" come from???

Technoman

Reaction score
Another "talk me into it" thread.

Just get what you want. You know everyone here likes the droid. Luke likes AT&T. What do you like?

Luke doesn't "LIKE" AT&T, he is paid to promote it. Why would you even think about returning to the biggest crap pile of cellular service in existence?

If you haven't read the posts yet, AT&T has stripped the real Android down to a very controlled version. They have removed the ability to install NON-Market Apps and such.