Convince me to Root

M

Matth3w

i was nervous to root, just because i like having it original. But i heard about the OC'ing and couldnt resist. I followed this manual

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...ecovery-terminal-emulator-zip.html#post195761

and it was as easy as possible, anyone who can read can do it.

i would def recommend it
Thanks for the shout out.

I rooted to overclock, easily take screenshots without a home replacement app, have more control over the applications on my phone, install themes and roms and God knows what else, and WiFi tether when I need it. And I'm sure I'm missing something.

gnmitchell

Reaction score
I see many upsides to rooting, however, i also see downsides. Once you root you probably wont' be able to use the phone the way it came, i am very interested in overclocking, but i want to keep stock, for now at least.

I believe you can easily "unroot" the device as well. So if you want to trial it go ahead, I'm personally staying away from that cause I had my WinMo phone and flashed it, it was flash after flash almost every other day. I got addicted....

Dezymond,
What do you mean when you say that after you root you probably won't be able to use the phone the way it came? How does rooting your phone affect how you use the phone? IMO rooting your phone allows you to get the most out of it.

osyrus42

Reaction score
I.....like a few of the posts above me, will not convince you to root. However, using sholes SMupdater (avail. on market or sholes.info) rooting is really as easy as running an app and following some very simple instructions. Going back to stock is just as eas with the same program.

-Brando