Convince me to Root

xRITE AIDEx

Reaction score
Now I honestly dont know the ins and outs of rooting but it does keep me interested in wanting to do it. Now with all of the 2.1 update stuff going on I know if I were to root it would be next week. But I know i've done enough research to know some stuff about rooting but I want to be convinced to do it. I'm all for a faster phone and such but I mean I'm still not sure.

So! convince me!:icon_ devil:

Mods please move if in wrong spot, thanks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I see many upsides to rooting, however, i also see downsides. Once you root you probably wont' be able to use the phone the way it came, i am very interested in overclocking, but i want to keep stock, for now at least.

I believe you can easily "unroot" the device as well. So if you want to trial it go ahead, I'm personally staying away from that cause I had my WinMo phone and flashed it, it was flash after flash almost every other day. I got addicted....

zz500

Reaction score
You probably could have posted this in the COUNTLESS rooting threads, but oh well...

You'll most likely have to just convince yourself. Everyone who has rooted will say root, you won't regret it. Everyone who hasn't will probably start a new thread on rooting when they're ready to root lol.

Go for it... sounds like your on the fence anyway. Might as well fall over to the dark side

Guchi

Reaction score
I see many upsides to rooting, however, i also see downsides. Once you root you probably wont' be able to use the phone the way it came, i am very interested in overclocking, but i want to keep stock, for now at least.

I believe you can easily "unroot" the device as well. So if you want to trial it go ahead, I'm personally staying away from that cause I had my WinMo phone and flashed it, it was flash after flash almost every other day. I got addicted....

this is so true. i couldnt go back to stock now it would be boring i guess

Bubba925

Reaction score
Well I have rooted, and ofcourse I would say Root but this is why...
The phone becomes more you. By this I mean it's not the same old Motorola Droid all other people are getting, its your very own that can do special things others can't. Adding ROM's that can add speed, new features, new apps. 2.1 is coming out soon, but once it comes out give it a few days and there will be custom 2.1 ROM's with more speed. Rooting your droid helps you LEARN, and when I mean learn I mean you learn a lot more than what you probably knew about Linux and the operating system, and the phone itself. There are probably other reasons I could list but I don't feel that is necessary.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Super fast browsing, custom ROMs, tethering, I mean there's really nothing more we can tell you that you've not already seen all over the forum

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I will not convince you i do not mean that in a disrespectful way. I will instead provide you tools to help YOU decide. You paid 200+ for your phone, If it goes south you will be responsible to pay for it. Rooting is not hard, but you need to make that decision yourself. You have all the tools, there are countless threads on the goods of rooting. You can go to the android rom section to see the ups and down people go through during the process. I will post two threads you should check out.

Android Roms - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...android-backups-custom-roms-etc-easy-way.html

personally im running sholesmod because of how easy it is to install and update.
Whether you go sholes or BB the video is a MUST watch it will take away the edge of rooting.

Good luck

deputc26

Reaction score
If you don't root, Nancy Pelosi will get you...
nancy-pelosi-on-botox.jpg

wil318466

Reaction score
I'm not convincing anyone else to root. There are 300,000 articles on rooting, and why. there are so many, I can't count. Just do a search, because this is truly, 100%, getting old. I'm a pretty patient person, but damn.. this has to have some sort of end. This is every day now.

-Wil

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you need to be convinced to root you probably shouldn't be rooting.

Take the initiative (IMO the problem with any "Convince me..." thread on any topic/forum site) and read up. There is a ton of information here and there are plenty of existing threads where you can ask questions once you've done some homework. If you need assistance in locating resources then definitely ask. Ultimately, rooting is one of those judgment calls that you have to make for yourself.

samiusmc

Reaction score
J
Now I honestly dont know the ins and outs of rooting but it does keep me interested in wanting to do it. Now with all of the 2.1 update stuff going on I know if I were to root it would be next week. But I know i've done enough research to know some stuff about rooting but I want to be convinced to do it. I'm all for a faster phone and such but I mean I'm still not sure.

So! convince me!:icon_ devil:

Mods please move if in wrong spot, thanks

Please root.

rod

Reaction score
one wrong move and WHAM, brick!

i kid, i kid... it was easy. i had never modified a phone before. i followed a thread down in "hacking help" and was rooted in no time. very simple. very easy. i dont regret it in the least.