Convincing

Desicrator

Reaction score
Ok,

So here is the deal, My girlfriend has the HTC EVO, (I have the Droid X, mine is rooted ROM'ed and deodexed themed and with LP+, all that fun stuff). She does not have any changes to her stock phone, it is laggy and stuff.

And for some reason this really bothers me.
I ask her to let me change it up, she says she likes it the way it is but there is sooo much more that can be done with it lol. She wont even use LP+.

And then my family has LG Allys, which they always are complaining are slow (duh). I wanna flash them a ROM I found for the Ally that should help but they think I will kill their phones.

Any one have any ideas how to convince someone that their phone can be better?:icon_question:

And once again I have no idea why this is bothering me so much, but they do ask me whenever they have a problem on their phones.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well the first thing I would do is try explaining why it would make their phone faster. Tell them what else they will be able to do. My girlfriend has a g1 and I try to get her to root and all that and she looks at me like i'm nuts so I know how you feel.

I guess the other option is to steal their phones in the middle of the night and do it without their consent lol.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

you_scrubb

Reaction score
I'd leave it be bro. I did my wife's and everytime it freezes for a sec she's bringing it to me. Its w hassle especially if they don't live with you.

Sent from my Droid

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
If they are perfectly happy with the way their phone is they don't want to be convinced of anything : )

You are beating your head against the wall on this one. Some people are perfectly happy with a bone stock device and could care less about launchers, rooting, OC'ing etc etc

Bengal21

Reaction score
agreed...you also run the risk of the phone having a problem unrelated to anything you do to it...then the GF comes and says "it wasn't doing this before you messed with it"...
I'd avoid the headache.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea, agree with all the above. I run risks with mine I don't like doing. And by family do you mean parents? Definately wouldn't touch that subject:) If their happy, leave it be. Now if you wanna let your girlfriend get some hands on with yours to see how she like LP+ you could give that a shot.

You_scrubb has the best point of all:)

Last edited: