contacts went nuts...

Dudenell

Reaction score
so I added facebook + gmail to my droid and now my contacts went to ****.. Literally I cannot go through them and there are almost 1000 when I only talked to a few "selected" people (I used backup assistant to transfer contacts from my old phone to this one). Is there at least a way to show phone contacts by default? maybe even merge contacts? Or better yet remove facebook / gmail access from my contacts?

Example I now have 3 contacts for my girlfriend

Jessica
Jessica D.
Jessica D*****

Last edited:

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Go into account settings and go to the FB and Twitter accounts and uncheck "Sync Contacts". That should take you back to just your Google contacts.

The_Iceman

Reaction score
Your other choice is you can link all 3 Jessica contact entries into one. That doesn't solve too many contacts but you can have the phone link them together to reduce duplicates.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
D

Dudenell

Reaction score
Go into account settings and go to the FB and Twitter accounts and uncheck "Sync Contacts". That should take you back to just your Google contacts.

There was no option for this. So I deleted facebook. Quite frankly I don't want gmail in my contacts either... I attempted to clear all the contact data but it doesn't give me an option to do so...