Sync/link contacts with different names

abean

Reaction score
Hey all,

I currently sync between Google and Facebook (primarily just to get pictures of contacts). I have two questions.

1) Is there a way to only sync contacts from Facebook that are my Google contacts? I'd prefer to not sync all my Facebook contacts, because let's be honest ... we don't need all our Facebook contacts on our phones!

2) When there is a name difference between a Google and Facebook contact, how do you properly link/merge them? Is it by design that the Facebook contact becomes the main contact? Point in case, I have contact X who is named Y on Google and Z on Facebook (people who don't use their real names on Facebook). When I go to Y and link to Z, Z (facebook) becomes the contact on my phone and Y (google) disappears). This happens If I swap it as well ... If I go to Z (facebook) and link to Y (google), Z still wins. Am I doing something wrong, or is this by design?

Thanks!

OP
A

abean

Reaction score
FYI if anyone else stumbles across this ... "syncmypix" does the job.

bobthebob

Reaction score
I also am annoyed that the FB name becomes the *unalterable* default. not all of my friends use their real names on FB and it gets annoying.

when I open the merged contact to edit the name I see the *correct* name in the fields - but when I close it up - it just shows the FB name again.

WTF Motorola?

I guess "Blur" means that it 'Blurs' the boundaries between your contacts to the point where you no longer have control of it.

lame.

P2D2

Reaction score
I also am annoyed that the FB name becomes the *unalterable* default. not all of my friends use their real names on FB and it gets annoying.

when I open the merged contact to edit the name I see the *correct* name in the fields - but when I close it up - it just shows the FB name again.

WTF Motorola?

I guess "Blur" means that it 'Blurs' the boundaries between your contacts to the point where you no longer have control of it.

lame.

Did you happen to figure out how to fix that?? I figured out how to changed the picture but the Facebook name is still the default name =[