Photos not showing in contacts

Jjaeger240

Reaction score
This is my first smartphone so not totally sure what I'm doing. I had the whole problem yesterday with Facebook importing all of my friends in. Removed all of those friends and was able to retain only my previous phone's contacts (which were then forwarded to my contacts on my gmail account).

Anyway, I'd really like to add pictures to all of my contacts, and preferrably use Facebook profile pictures, but it seems like there is a lot of confusion and unawareness on how to merge these together without having your entire Facebook friends list stored on your phone. (If there is a work around to this, and someone could inform me that would be great)

So instead I was going to upload a picture to each of my Gmail contacts and import my updated contact list from my computer to phone. Well I've done a few contacts so far and it does not show their photo in the contact list. HOWEVER, if I click their name it will pop up with the picture I uploaded for them. Is there any way to make them show up on the contact list?

Would like to put in photos but don't want to load my picture gallery by taking a picture of all of my friends, and it would be a lot easier if Facebook just merged in only the friends I have listed in my current contacts (my contacts are listed by their full names as well).

rucajon

Reaction score
I too am having the same issue. it only does it with the contacts that dont have a face book link, and i have had to manually attatch a photo to them.

rucajon

Reaction score
never mind i figured my issue out. I uploaded pics to that contact after i had their quick contacts on one of the screens, so once i deleted them and re added them the pics showed up with the rest of em.

kph007

Reaction score
Am a newbie to smartphones and really need step by step instructions on how to add the photos to the contacts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!